Gmail Push after Factory Reset

New Dev

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
I know that Google has discontinued EAS support for new devices/accounts.

I currently have Gmail account setup and it works with EAS push, but I need to make a factory reset to my device. Do you know if, when restored from a backup, the device would be able to get Gmail EAS push support?

(Please, specify if you are certain because you tried it or if you're making an educated guess.)

Thanks a lot.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
EAS is no longer supported on new devices on Windows Phones by Google. I am 100% sure of this.

Existing devices will work.

If you refresh your phone, the EAS will not work anymore.

New Dev

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
If you refresh your phone, the EAS will not work anymore.

So, a restore from backup doesn't just reuse old settings? I mean, how would Gmail know if it's a new device if the settings are reused (assuming that they are in fact reused from a backup).

Ultimateone

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Don't listen to rdub, I have done this after a few resets on my 1020 and have as Items arrive with Gmail

Just use Outlook as the option for Exchange and use m.google.com as the server and google for the domain

foxbat121

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm too lazy to search it, but I have read it too. It's all over the internet.

The EAS support has been extended to the end of this year. But not everyone has access to EAS. They stopped that early this year. So, if you never accessed Gmail via EAS before Google cut it off early this year, you won't have EAS support. If you do, you should be able to manually set up Gmail as exchange account manually.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Don't listen to rdub, I have done this after a few resets on my 1020 and have as Items arrive with Gmail

Just use Outlook as the option for Exchange and use m.google.com as the server and google for the domain

It doesn't work on my Titan 2, even when I changed the settings.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos