Outlook.com HELP NEEDED

ejb222

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
So I switched my girlfriend from her android phone to a L920. also signed her up for outlook.com and have her gmail forwarded to the new address. But for some reason she is getting her emails twice...most times not even at the same time. I'm curious as to what may cause this so I can fix it. Her gmail says forward to @outlook.com and then mark emails as read. Her outlook has her @gmail.com as a send and receive account. I don't know how to check each email to see if they were forwarded from another account...can I do that? Also her phone doesn't show gmail.com as a send account...I haven't synced her gmail to her phone yet...just the outlook.com account.

Suggestions?
help please!
Thanks in advanced :D
ejb222

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like you setup gmail and outlook on your L920.(login and password) At the same time, you have your email being forwarded from gmail to Outlook. Is this what you are doing?

blehblehbleh

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I think the issue is that you turned on forwarding on the gmail account. Outlook.com is already set to send and receive via POP3: outlook is going to pull email and send email through Gmail's servers much like a desktop email client would.

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I used to do this on my Lumia. I had two GMail and one Hotmail account forwarded to my Outlook.com account. I only used the Outlook account on the phone. It worked without issue. I don't use either GMail account any longer (mostly because I switched completely over to Outlook). It sounds like what you are trying to do is the same thing I was doing so it *should* work. I still have two other accounts being forwarded and they too work just fine. I'm sorry I can't be of any more help.

ejb222

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I think the issue is that you turned on forwarding on the gmail account. Outlook.com is already set to send and receive via POP3: outlook is going to pull email and send email through Gmail's servers much like a desktop email client would.

Ok to be clear....because I set up outlook.com then added gmail address as send an receive, I don't need to go to gmail and set up forwarding to the outlook address?
Also I only have the outlook.com address in the phone...i.e. it is not a linked inbox. Just one email account on the phone.

ejb222

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Thanks everyone. This works. There is a bit of a delay in receiving emails in the outlook inbox from the gmail account this way.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)