What's with this low-res "X" when someone's calling?

Boris Lozac

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
Why with some contacts i get this big "X" as a display image, which looks horrible, like really low-res..

520x.jpg

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I have never seen that before. This is just a total guess but is it possible seem app was able to add an image to all contacts without one? I don't even think this is possible but my only idea...

Boris Lozac

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
Nope, it's not with all contacts, some are just regular blank one, others have an image (added manually or connected with Facebook) and some have this "X"..

Junaid96

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Lol does it really matter? You're only going to be looking at it for a split second before holding it up to your ear.

Plazma1

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Im going to wager a guess that it's pulling up contact images from an older device that synched with one of your current synched accounts. For example, I had a program on my Windows Phone 6.5 phone that synched with my Hotmail account - my htc phone had added default lo-res images to all contacts that didn't have an image associated with them. All of these were then associated on the Hotmail server as contact images and back when I got my first WP7 phone I had to go through all of my contacts manually to de-associate or associate new images to these specific contacts.

So I would suggest the solution is going into the people app and finding which account has all of these x's. Then go contact by contact and delete the images. (Of to save time you may be able to do this right from your desktop by logging into the proper account)

khunhorm

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Do you have this person in your contact? MS account? or FB? or both? How the picture look in the contact? Any contact management installed?

Boris Lozac

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
Nope, no contact mangment apps.. I've just browsed through my contacts and some of them have that grey as background and some have nothing ("add photo").. It seems the Gmail ones are with the "X", could be that the phone pulled that X from my old HTC phone cause it's very lo-res, but i never saw that on my HTC Wildfire.. Strange programming, to pull that stuff from older phone?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte