How to transfer text messages from android to Lumia 810?

goodintentions

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Hello, I've recently switched from an android phone running ICS to the lumia 810 running 8. I was given the opportunity to get the Lumia 810 almost new for $60. Considering I've been wanting to ditch android for a while, this was too good of an opportunity to pass up.

I've been able to link the new wp8 to my google account, so I got all the contacts. What I haven't figured out is how to transfer my old text messages over.

I did a search and people seem to be saying it was impossible. These posts were made months ago, so I am wondering if it is still true that I can't transfer my text messages over to my new windows 8 phone. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys.

goodintentions

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for your answer.

This app works for contacts, but when I try to do sms the app keeps failing.

Is there a way I can transfer the sms messages by saving it to an sdcard and transferring it over to the windows phone?

alv3st3r

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Good news for you. Nokia's Transfer my Data app now supports text message transfer from both iOS and Android. Click the app link above to get the updated version.

figjamuk

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
I would just like to say a big thank you, i currently have all my text mesages transfering from my s3 mini to my new lumia :wink:

Dude Virus

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
Did you do any setting on your android phone before you tried the transfer app ?

I recently bought the Nokia Lumia 1520 and when i try the transfer app on the Lumia it is able to copy my contacts properly but while searching for text message it causes the bluetooth share service to crash on the android. i am not sure as to what is happenning

WPfani

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
mazendaher,
that works only for Nokia Symbian. If you see the title, we are talking about Nokia Lumia Windows phones.

hanuwant

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
I have recently purchased windows 8 phone lumia720. Contact is transferred very smoothly but it is not even showing the option for msgs transfer. Please help me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)