Photo apps - Data sense

Fathan Mustaqiim

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi Guys,

I am new in here. I wanna ask about data sense
My data sense (my phone) show, there is photo apps have some traffic using cellular, although i never use sky drive to backup my photo and set sky drive (in my phone) "dont automatically upload photo and video".

I am not understand why photo apps still using internet data. Anyone can help?

Thanks

teckris

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi Guys,

I am new in here. I wanna ask about data sense
My data sense (my phone) show, there is photo apps have some traffic using cellular, although i never use sky drive to backup my photo and set sky drive (in my phone) "dont automatically upload photo and video".

I am not understand why photo apps still using internet data. Anyone can help?

Thanks

I think it has to do with Photos gallery. in that it has Albums, which you may have checked. You have integrated Facebook or other account and the albums contain the Albums from Social Networks and it consumes the Internet Data.

Fathan Mustaqiim

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
I think it has to do with Photos gallery. in that it has Albums, which you may have checked. You have integrated Facebook or other account and the albums contain the Albums from Social Networks and it consumes the Internet Data.

Actually i'm not installing facebook apps or other apps which can integrated with photo gallery (ex. twitter, linkedin, etc) and from first i bought this phone, I config my sky drive not automatically upload photo or video. may you have any suggestion to me?

Oris

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
Nope bro, I am not installed facebook or twitter apps and not integrate my albums. Can I view log file of network activity??

You don't have to install facebook app to integrate to people hub, it's already built-in in the OS. But if you did integrate your facebook account to people hub, that could be the one that cause the data usage. If I load a lot of pictures from the people hub( integrated with fb account), data sense will show high data usage on photos. Did you load a lot of pictures from the internet?

teckris

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
You don't have to install facebook app to integrate to people hub, it's already built-in in the OS. But if you did integrate your facebook account to people hub, that could be the one that cause the data usage. If I load a lot of pictures from the people hub( integrated with fb account), data sense will show high data usage on photos. Did you load a lot of pictures from the internet?

I will add these screenshots for support..
people-hub.jpg
The accounts [this is what we mean by integrate Facebook]

windows-phone-7-people-hub.jpg
This is the Peoplehub after Integration

Fathan Mustaqiim

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Thanks Oris and Teckris,

in email+account, i just set for gmail, windows live and my company email
and like i said before, i never integrate people hub to facebook or twitter

make me confused -_-" hahaha

but thanks for your reply and information

Fathan Mustaqiim

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Finally i found the answer, but correct me if i am wrong

If we go to store, and choose an application, then we look at the detail of screenshot, it will open the screenshot image with photo apps + using internet data ^_^

Oris

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site

If we go to store, and choose an application, then we look at the detail of screenshot, it will open the screenshot image with photo apps + using internet data ^_^

nice finding, probably this could be the the one that consume your data.

teckris

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site

So photo means any Photo.. thanks for letting us know.. will be helpful next time for someone else too

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
LOL

[RANT]I like the insistence early on in the thread where people can not comprehend the OP is NOT using facebook or twitter.

Despite what the social media would have you believe, it is not universal that everyone must be signed up for them. I am not and will never be.[/RANT]

teckris

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
LOL

[RANT]I like the insistence early on in the thread where people can not comprehend the OP is NOT using facebook or twitter.

Despite what the social media would have you believe, it is not universal that everyone must be signed up for them. I am not and will never be.[/RANT]

Sorry Friend. we were trying to find a source for Photos from internet. You had guessed the Photos from Store??
all are learning, and we were not forcing him about social Networks. It was said repeatedly as the OP had said he didnt install Facebook app. so we had to show the default integration part. Now all done well. we know the source of Photos.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12