Outlook.com and Custom Domains

Pinchscape

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi All

Ive moved a custom domain I had with Gmail (chalkylicious.co.uk) onto Outlook.com, and the web browser email client is brilliant.
However, I simply cannot seem to be able to setup this email account on my windows phone (nokia 625)

With GMail this was easy - select gmail as the provider, enter custom domain email address and password, then your done.
With outlook.com it looks like the same should happen, but it complains that the email address isnt recognised, Ive googled it and there are suggestions about entering outlook.com as the domain but that then errors saying that the login credentials arent recognised.

Suuuuuuuurely, it CANNOT be this hard ????

Any ideas anyone

Dean :cry:

luk3ja

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
super easy, I've done it with mine. Instructions below... if you have any problems I'll happily Skype you through it

Last edited:

luk3ja

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
1. Choose Outlook when adding the account and enter your email address and password, make sure you enter the right password (if you have 2 step authentication on then make sure to generate an app password to use)

2. For Server name enter s.outlook.com.

3. Make sure the Use secure connection (SSL) checkbox is checked.

4. Leave Domain blank.

luk3ja

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Glad to be of service and hope you're getting on well with your Windows Phone. If you ever need anything else then just private message me :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes