Modern UI Concepts

luk3ja

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I also think the circle buttons look better on the app bar but the circle outlines are burnt into my phone dislay!!! :O

woahitsreeo

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Made a FB mockup awhile ago for another thread. Thought it would be relevant here as well.
fb_revamp.jpg

I think Conner Monsees (UI designer for 6tag and 6sec) Conner Monsees on Behance has a really good grasp on all the variances of the Modern UI style. I really like his Verge and Pinterest concepts.

I think the pivot style works from some apps and allows for easier design porting from iOS and Android. The Modern UI allows for a lot of leniency for a lot of variance in design so I hope not every app starts using the pivot style (it'll get boring quick). As for the older header style, it has become quite an eye-soar in some apps, it makes it kind of messy (dark backgrounds w/ white text more so) *cough *cough ESPN *cough *cough. With all that said I'm really looking forward to see what the final official Instagram app will look like and how it will function.

woahitsreeo

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
One other thing... I really dislike the black bar that the official FB app uses just for the time. Either use the same color as the pivot bar or remove the clock display entirely or let it hover like in 6tag since it takes up a decent amount of screen real estate. Unfortunately it looks like the official Instagram app will have that black bar for the time.

Divair

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Made a FB mockup awhile ago for another thread. Thought it would be relevant here as well.
View attachment 50033

I think Conner Monsees (UI designer for 6tag and 6sec) Conner Monsees on Behance has a really good grasp on all the variances of the Modern UI style. I really like his Verge and Pinterest concepts.

I think the pivot style works from some apps and allows for easier design porting from iOS and Android. The Modern UI allows for a lot of leniency for a lot of variance in design so I hope not every app starts using the pivot style (it'll get boring quick). As for the older header style, it has become quite an eye-soar in some apps, it makes it kind of messy (dark backgrounds w/ white text more so) *cough *cough ESPN *cough *cough. With all that said I'm really looking forward to see what the final official Instagram app will look like and how it will function.
Looks good. I love these concepts. Been thinking maybe we should have a subforum for them?

Al_2

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Saw this new UI for the Android FB app: Facebook leak reveals UI improvements coming to Android app | Pocketnow

facebook-4-0.jpg

Looks like the mockup on this thread:

http---makeagif_com--media-11-15-2013-FhSOd9.gif

Funny how MS re-designed the WP FB app to make it consistent with other platforms and then FB changed them. So now we've got a FB app that doesn't really fit on WP and is still inconsistent with FB apps on other platforms.

I really hope MS implement a FB UI better suited to WP soon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon