Persistent notifications for mail and messages?

UncleSpudBB

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Please forgive the noob question, I'm a recovering iPhone user with a new Nokia 1520, so I'm just now getting used to having to think for myself once again.

When I receive mail and texts, the notification icon shows the new messages, but once I click on the mail and text app, the notification disappears whether or not I read the message. Is this by design or is there a setting that I can change so that the notification shows me how many unread messages there actually is?

Elephant2000

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
No. Its a one shot deal. It will not show a number again once you press the icon. However, unread email will be under "unread" if you swipe on it.

Hit up the forums, or PM me, if you have any other questions. I have learned much here. Good luck!

UncleSpudBB

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the info! Overall I absolutely love the OS and the Phone (even though it's massive!) Missing a few of my favorite apps and a few features but this is really a fantastic OS. Still dealing with the iMessage mess (those who've moved from an iPhone know the pain of having iMessage hijack your texts so that you don't get messages from iPhones for a while) but overall the move has been fantastically easy and worth every bit of it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes