(Apologies if this is the wrong forum for this)

Has anyone heard about this story? A guy in Central Park New York was recently mugged on December 28/29, 2013 and the guy took his briefcase, wallet, and his cellphone. However, after discovering the phone was a LG Quantum Windows phone, he actually...wait for it...gave it back to the guy he was mugging.

LOL who knew? A Mugger who has taste?

Here is the full article here....this is crazy lol and something i have never heard of. A thief actually giving something back lol.

Central Park Robbery Victim: Robber Didn’t Want My Cell Phone ¬ę CBS New York
    snowmutt likes this.
    01-02-2014 02:55 AM

Has anyone heard about this story? A guy in Central Park New York was recently mugged on December 28/29, 2013 and the guy took his briefcase, wallet, and his cellphone. However, after discovering the phone was a LG Quantum Windows phone, he actually...wait for it...gave it back to the guy he was mugging.

Here is the full article here....this is crazy lol and something i have never heard of. A thief actually giving something back lol.

Central Park Robbery Victim: Robber Didnít Want My Cell Phone ¬ę CBS New York
    Read this on wmpoweruser sometime back..its too good to be true !!

sent either from my Nokia Lumia 820 or HTC Desire HD
    01-02-2014 02:59 AM
    Can't believe that article because I used iPhones and Android for a long time and I switched to WP a few weeks back and I just in love with everything. Works faster and better every single app in my Lumia 1520. That thief don't know what he skipped... Lol
    01-02-2014 03:20 AM
    it was an LG Quantum I heard ... a phone from 2010 and running WP 7

LG Quantum - Full phone specifications
    unstoppablekem likes this.
    01-02-2014 03:22 AM
    it was an LG Quantum I heard ... a phone from 2010 and running WP 7

LG Quantum - Full phone specifications
    Maybe he saw running WP 7 and decided that it was a piece of crap. Lol
    01-02-2014 03:24 AM
    I guess the street price for a WP7 device isn't that great right now...
    snowmutt likes this.
    01-02-2014 03:37 AM
    Well, it is more than three years old - an eternity in technology.
    Guytronic and snowmutt like this.
    01-02-2014 09:58 AM
    Tech savy thief...

Sent from my L625
    tgp, snowmutt, Pontifex and 1 others like this.
    01-02-2014 11:55 AM
    well, WP7's certainly dont fetch as much as an iPhone would regardless

all the more reason to get one ;)
    01-02-2014 12:11 PM
    If he took it, then the victim could have just done a "Find my phone" on the WindowsPhone.com site and found the thief.
    01-02-2014 12:12 PM
    Actually that's great. Having phone stolen is one less thing I have to worry about.
    unstoppablekem and snowmutt like this.
    01-03-2014 11:56 AM
    sounds similar to the one i heard where the user had a flip phone that was robbed and the robber gave it back to him
    01-03-2014 12:31 PM
    Maybe the thief was aware and he knew that the owner could find the phone from Windowsphone.com but in the other hand WP devices are really underrated and he threw it as he knew it wouldnt worth anything at all...
    01-03-2014 01:56 PM
    My wife and I both owned Quantums and while they were great phones for the time, very rugged and stood up to the beating it took at work they certainly were not the most fashionable. It also had a full qwerty keyboard so he may have assumed it was just a messaging phone.
    snowmutt likes this.
    01-03-2014 03:13 PM
    I like touch phones that have QWERTY keyboard cuz my hands are quite big (lol) but at the same time i dont like them because they look a bit bulky - off topic
    I think this story must be really old so WP7 wasn't so popular....
    01-03-2014 03:32 PM
    I just sold my Year old L900 with 7.8 on craiglist for 175 bux.
    01-03-2014 05:22 PM
    Tech savy thief...

Sent from my L625
    Best comment of 2014 on the forums so far!
    snowmutt and DBZo07 like this.
    01-03-2014 05:26 PM
    I just sold my Year old L900 with 7.8 on craiglist for 175 bux.
    Please PM me the buyer's number. I've got this bridge in Brooklyn I don't need anymore.
    FinancialP likes this.
    01-03-2014 05:37 PM
    I don't buy the story myself. Criminals don't care about quality, they just steal. A bunch of years ago my car was broken into and these thieves stole my cassette player from the car. The knobs were missing and it looked a hot mess. They tore open my dash and took that worthless thing. So no, I don't believe the story. Its pure fiction planted by google's nut case supporters. Returned it too? Never happen, except for in cyberspace.
    Last edited by Jazmac; 01-03-2014 at 08:04 PM.
    snowmutt and psudotechzealot like this.
    01-03-2014 07:44 PM

Central Park Robbery Victim: Robber Didnít Want My Cell Phone ¬ę CBS New York
    No the mugger realized that its from 2010, and is garbage
    01-03-2014 08:48 PM
    I don't buy the story myself. Criminals don't care about quality, they just steal. A bunch of years ago my car was broken into and these thieves stole my cassette player from the car. The knobs were missing and it looked a hot mess. They tore open my dash and took that worthless thing. So no, I don't believe the story. Its pure fiction planted by google's nut case supporters. Returned it too? Never happen, except for in cyberspace.
    Yeah, my car's been broken into twice (not where I live now - more than 700 miles away ). The first time all they got was two CD cases. One had 66 CDs in it - the Bible on CD. The other had about 100 Christian music CDs. I told the cop that I hoped they'd listen to them. The second time they got my several-year-old GPS, my XM radio head (useless once reported stolen), and another case full of - you guessed it - Christian music CDs.

They don't care what they grab.
    snowmutt and Jazmac like this.
    01-03-2014 09:49 PM
    The thief was probably an iPhone fanboi going through financial crisis.
    snowmutt likes this.
    01-03-2014 10:20 PM
    One more reason to go Windows Phone:

So darn good, it guilt trips muggers into fits of conscience.
    01-04-2014 01:25 AM
    Yeah, my car's been broken into twice (not where I live now - more than 700 miles away ). The first time all they got was two CD cases. One had 66 CDs in it - the Bible on CD. The other had about 100 Christian music CDs. I told the cop that I hoped they'd listen to them. The second time they got my several-year-old GPS, my XM radio head (useless once reported stolen), and another case full of - you guessed it - Christian music CDs.
    Hey, if it is the same guy, maybe that Bible on CD is having an effect...

Just throwing it out there.
    Jazmac likes this.
    01-04-2014 01:27 AM
    Best comment of 2014 on the forums so far!

Oh really??? Haha!! Thanks for that tag.

Sent from my L625
    01-04-2014 04:57 AM