"Thief didn't want my Windows Phone...LOL"

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
(Apologies if this is the wrong forum for this)

Has anyone heard about this story? A guy in Central Park New York was recently mugged on December 28/29, 2013 and the guy took his briefcase, wallet, and his cellphone. However, after discovering the phone was a LG Quantum Windows phone, he actually...wait for it...gave it back to the guy he was mugging.

LOL who knew? A Mugger who has taste?

Here is the full article here....this is crazy lol and something i have never heard of. A thief actually giving something back lol.

Central Park Robbery Victim: Robber Didn’t Want My Cell Phone « CBS New York

Ashish Saraf1

May 7, 2013
Visit site
re: "Thief didn't want my Windows Phone...LOL"

Has anyone heard about this story? A guy in Central Park New York was recently mugged on December 28/29, 2013 and the guy took his briefcase, wallet, and his cellphone. However, after discovering the phone was a LG Quantum Windows phone, he actually...wait for it...gave it back to the guy he was mugging.

Here is the full article here....this is crazy lol and something i have never heard of. A thief actually giving something back lol.

Central Park Robbery Victim: Robber Didn?t Want My Cell Phone « CBS New York

Read this on wmpoweruser sometime back..its too good to be true !!

sent either from my Nokia Lumia 820 or HTC Desire HD

maclancer

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
re: "Thief didn't want my Windows Phone...LOL"

Can't believe that article because I used iPhones and Android for a long time and I switched to WP a few weeks back and I just in love with everything. Works faster and better every single app in my Lumia 1520. That thief don't know what he skipped... Lol

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
If he took it, then the victim could have just done a "Find my phone" on the WindowsPhone.com site and found the thief.

Nokia Boy

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Maybe the thief was aware and he knew that the owner could find the phone from Windowsphone.com but in the other hand WP devices are really underrated and he threw it as he knew it wouldnt worth anything at all...

Paul May

Lumia 950 & Surface Pro Champion
Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
My wife and I both owned Quantums and while they were great phones for the time, very rugged and stood up to the beating it took at work they certainly were not the most fashionable. It also had a full qwerty keyboard so he may have assumed it was just a messaging phone.

Nokia Boy

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
I like touch phones that have QWERTY keyboard cuz my hands are quite big (lol) but at the same time i dont like them because they look a bit bulky - off topic
I think this story must be really old so WP7 wasn't so popular....

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I don't buy the story myself. Criminals don't care about quality, they just steal. A bunch of years ago my car was broken into and these thieves stole my cassette player from the car. The knobs were missing and it looked a hot mess. They tore open my dash and took that worthless thing. So no, I don't believe the story. Its pure fiction planted by google's nut case supporters. Returned it too? Never happen, except for in cyberspace.

Last edited:

boovish

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site

Central Park Robbery Victim: Robber Didn?t Want My Cell Phone « CBS New York

No the mugger realized that its from 2010, and is garbage

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes