01-06-2014 07:59 PM
32 12
tools
    Well, it's unfortunate that that's the way it works. Our situation is that we have a shared Facebook account and our own individual Lumias. The Me Tile should be ME, not a silly Facebook pic.
    I wish we could set any picture we want for the ME tile (or other contacts). That said, if you have a shared Facebook account isn't it really more of an "US" tile? :p
    Brad and Ellen likes this.
    01-06-2014 04:40 PM
    Hmm, NM. Just double checked. I seem to have the same problem, although, I do know it wasn't this way previously, with my L920.
    Brad and Ellen likes this.
    01-06-2014 05:46 PM
    So you use an individual FB app?
    Yes, the official Facebook app

I found it is impossible to disconnect my FB from my MS account.
    Go to outlook, permission, manage accounts, and delete Facebook

I have the problem of my Me Tile photo being overrode by my FB profile picture, too!
    Sucks, doesn't it? I can't stand this design decision

Sent from our Surface RT
    01-06-2014 07:39 PM
    this is happening after the GDR2 update
    before that (GDR1) it's normal like usual (we can change our hotmail picture and display it on Me tile)

Hope Microsoft will fix this
    at least let us pick which one of pictures that showed on Me tile
    Absolutely! It never should have changed in the first place. Thanks for the confirmation between GDR1 and GDR2.
    01-06-2014 07:42 PM
    I wish we could set any picture we want for the ME tile (or other contacts). That said, if you have a shared Facebook account isn't it really more of an "US" tile? :p
    :), no, we each have our own individual phones. As far as the Facebook account goes, my wife tells me we share it but I'm never on it :)
    01-06-2014 07:44 PM
    Hmm, NM. Just double checked. I seem to have the same problem, although, I do know it wasn't this way previously, with my L920.
    This is starting to look more and more like a design decision, and a poor one at that in our opinion.
    01-06-2014 07:46 PM
    Thats is how MS decided to help us. They choose what image to show for contacts. I also do not like when contacts photo updated to facebook one instead of my hotmail pictures. Why the hell MS decided that they can change picture of contact for us??? This is really annoying
    It could be worse, on Android devices, the Google+ picture supercedes all. So despite the fact that no one uses Google+ and even fewer update it, you'll end up with a Google plus picture or worse yet, G+ placeholder in place of FB pictures.
    Dadstar0410 likes this.
    01-06-2014 07:59 PM
32 12