Birthday chaos in normal and birthday calendar

Sebaton

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Hello guys,
I'm syncing my contacts and calendars between live.com, WP8 and Outlook 2013.
It really works fine, but there is a big problem with the birthdays of my contacts. There are a lot of duplicates.
This is because when I add a birthday to any contact on my WP8 phone they are going to be stored on the birthday calendar (like the birthdays from Facebook contacts). But when I add a birthday to any contact on Outlook 2013 it?s going to be stored in the normal calendar.
So at the end there are some birthdays stored in normal calendar, some in birthday calendar and some on both calendars.
This is really annoying, it's not possible to get a clean calendar on this way.
Is there any idea how I can manage this better?

Maaz Mansori

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
Okay, so on Outlook 2013 are you using the same live.com e-mail account or do you also have an Exchange account or something else? Do you have your Facebook and Outlook contacts linked?

Sebaton

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I don't use Exchange, just the same live.com e-mail account on my Outlook 2013 and WP8.
I have Facebook contacts linked with live.com contacts. When I add a birthday to a contact on WP8 it's going to be stored on the birthday calendar. --> Only one birthday element for two linked contacts is shown
But when I add a birthday to the same contact within Outlook 2013 it’s not going to be stored in birthday calendar but in normal calendar (problem no. 1). When I link this contact with a Facebook contact --> Two birthday elements are shown for two linked contacts (problem no. 2)

Maaz Mansori

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
Are you able to see the birthday calendar as a separate calendar in Outlook 2013? I know by design it adds the birthdays to the main calendar while everything else adds to the birthday calendar. I don't really have a good suggestion other than if add a birthday in Outlook 2013, drag it to the birthday calendar.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)