Bluetooth not detecting my car

Bahamen

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm driving a Toyota Prius. Somehow I'm never able to get the phone to detect the Bluetooth signal from my car. Is this a known issue? Any ways around this?

jason8957

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I have bluetooth issues more that occasionally; 2009 Acura TSX, but usually if I reset the phone I can get it to link back up if it gets broken. It does occasionally flip out if I get a text message while streaming audio.

What year is your car? Seems like the bluetooth "standard" is kind of loose and changing over the years.

Have you:
A) tried your phone in a friend's car and
B) tried your friend's phone in your car
to see who isnt' doing what?

Also, you may find a good owner's forum for your car out there. I know there are some for my car that I check in on from time-to-time.

Bahamen

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I have bluetooth issues more that occasionally; 2009 Acura TSX, but usually if I reset the phone I can get it to link back up if it gets broken. It does occasionally flip out if I get a text message while streaming audio.

What year is your car? Seems like the bluetooth "standard" is kind of loose and changing over the years.

Have you:
A) tried your phone in a friend's car and
B) tried your friend's phone in your car
to see who isnt' doing what?

Also, you may find a good owner's forum for your car out there. I know there are some for my car that I check in on from time-to-time.

It's a 2010 Toyota Prius. It couldn't be detected on a HTC Mozart and Lumia 920 either, so I'm guessing WP doesn't work with Toyota. It worked fine on a BMW. My previous Symbian phone (808PV) worked fine with the Prius.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon