New WP8 features coming in the form of apps

Donny James

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Am I the only one in here who thinks new features coming to WP8 in the form of apps is disappointing? (Meme needed) For e.g Folders, I holding out for this feature all excited. Then it got released as an app and I was like WTF (What the fudge!). I didn't like that. Before this I read rumor about File Manager may come in the form of an app. That upset me too. I don't want all the features we've been hoping for to come as apps. I want it part of the OS. I know the down side is a bigger OS but it doesn't give me that new feature feeling when it comes as an app. What do you guys think?

Donny James

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Is it the same with IOS and Android? I mean Windows has all these built in, why not WP. It makes it feel like WP isn't worth the bytes is coded on. "Ahhh just release it as an app". I guess I'm the only one then. Well the good side is its easier to update and improve if bugs exist. Like the new Xbox Music app.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I am all in for integration but the pace at which Microsoft updates its OS makes us want a lot more every time. At least if these "features" are as apps, we can hope for faster push to have upgrades and bug fixes as and when needed. There is always a silver lining at WPC ;)

Aardappelboom

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
To be honest I really don't like it either.

On a second note, it might be true that they can update the apps more frequently. But not a lot happens to the entire bing suite either. I think it's pretty much wishful thinking that suddenly with Microsoft releasing everything as apps that the updates will pour in...

I really believe they had something with this integration thing. I can agree on Video and Music as an app. But I still feel that the removal of the hubs is a very bad thing...Let's just hope that they can tie in the apps into the hubs. The game hub has a good thing going. The games are apps on their own but they tie into a hub. I hope they do the same with Xbox music and video.

One of the strenghts of WP for me is the easy to access content that is available in all these hubs...I don't need to run through the entire app list to search for content. I just go to the correct hub...I was really hoping they would extend this featuer in both Windows and Windows phone but it seems like they are phasing it out.

Still excited about 8.1 nonetheless.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism