Back and Restore in WP8

brmbjn

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Are there app like itunes for lumia ?? For flashing rom, upgrade, backup data, picture, app and can restore again without installing app one by one ??? Please give me solution ?? For complete restoring app and data without install one by one !!!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Are there app like itunes for lumia ?? For flashing rom, upgrade, backup data, picture, app and can restore again without installing app one by one ??? Please give me solution ?? For complete restoring app and data without install one by one !!!

WP doesn't work like that.

For backup and restore you go to: Settings -> Backup -> tap app list+setttings -> tap On -> back up now

This will create a backup of everything (not the OS) and when you need to do a restore once you're account information is put in it will automatically download everything onto your phone.

As for flashing ROMs, you can use NSU (Nokia Software Updater) for restoring your phone for your specific IME.

For other ROMs there's Navifirm.5.0, keep in mind these are not custom ROMs like Android.

For all updates you get those over the air (OTA) once your carrier releases them, if your phone is carrier locked.

As for desktop apps, your phone will automatically download the app if you have W8, otherwise you can go here: Get the sync apps | Windows Phone (United Kingdom)

brmbjn

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
It make difficult to flashing rom ?? Because i must re install my app one by one. Wait for restoring phonebook and restoring my data ???

mjrtoo

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
It make difficult to flashing rom ?? Because i must re install my app one by one. Wait for restoring phonebook and restoring my data ???

If you saved your stuff to the cloud, when you restore your phone it will ask if you want to restore to a saved profile. It works fine.

brmbjn

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Skydrive ??? Re installing use mobile data!! But itunes not use mobile data. It restore from computer it fastest then using cloud.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
In few minute phone restore liked before flashing rom. (phonebook, data, app, and setting)

I already explained everything to you up there and Rockstarzzz has provided a link.

It's not the cloud by the way. It's a sync with your MS account which tells the phone which apps you had and then installs them. It will sync all your other stuff too.

When you reset your phone on WP you will lose all data on it, there is no backup for that, yet. You do not get a new firmware downloaded to your phone, you only do that with NSU in which case you need a computer and WiFi.

WP is not iPhone, it's not Android.

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
You can also go to windowsphone.com, your account and see purchase history for all the apps you have downloaded. But really, the backup to the cloud works very good and does restore the apps you had on your phone. To me, better than syncing to iTunes because unless you physically sync your iphone, you don't have a recent backup. And I don't think iTunes backs up your texts though. (not positive about this so don't jump on me if it does).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon