Flashlight drains battery dramatically on Nokia Lumia 1020

sisqo88

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I noticed that the flash light on my Nokia Lumia 1020 drains the battery so extremely fast. It needs 2-3% of my battery in one minute if I turn of the flashlight on my Lumia 1020 a full charged battery would be empty within 40 min I thought Led's doesn't need so much electric. And its only one Led on the Lumia 1020 the Nokia Lumia 920 got two. Do you got the same extreme battery drain when you turn your flashlight on lovely WPCentral community!?

foxbat121

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Who says LED doesn't need so much energy? Especially the one needs to be as bright as a flash light? Bright light = a lot of energy.

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Who says LED doesn't need so much energy? Especially the one needs to be as bright as a flash light? Bright light = a lot of energy.

Not that much power! The Lumia 1020 has a 2000mAH battery, i.e. it can supply 2 Amps of current for about one hour. If the OPs figure's are correct (a battery drain of 2-3% in one minute) then his LED is drawing well over 2 Amps of current. At 3.5 volts, that's 7W of power, which is more than some compact fluorescent bulbs.

So something is not right. LEDs DO NOT drain that much current, no matter how bright they are.

To the OP, unless you're exaggerating the power draw you have a serious problem. I would have your phone checked at a Nokia Care Center. There is a hardware fault with the phone.

[Question: Why do people dismiss issues and answer posts with flippant answers without first thinking about what they are writing, or having a clue about what they are commenting on?]

sisqo88

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
My friends sister got a Lumia 1020 too hope I can see her some time to test it with her Lumia 1020 or is nobody here that got a 1020 to check it too

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
So something is not right. LEDs DO NOT drain that much current, no matter how bright they are.

On a phone, you are correct. In other uses you are incorrect. LEDs are great but as they being used to replaced high powered lights they require some decent current. Trust me. :)

To the OP, unless you're exaggerating the power draw you have a serious problem. I would have your phone checked at a Nokia Care Center. There is a hardware fault with the phone.

[Question: Why do people dismiss issues and answer posts with flippant answers without first thinking about what they are writing, or having a clue about what they are commenting on?]

I would probably recommend a soft reset before shipping the phone off. Sometimes programs become 'stuck' and the drainage is a symptom of it. If the drainage persists after that then a return to Nokia Care would be in order or a replacement.

As for flippant comments, far too many...

My question is what is this doing in the WP8.1 section?

sisqo88

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
On a phone, you are correct. In other uses you are incorrect. LEDs are great but as they being used to replaced high powered lights they require some decent current. Trust me. :)

I would probably recommend a soft reset before shipping the phone off. Sometimes programs become 'stuck' and the drainage is a symptom of it. If the drainage persists after that then a return to Nokia Care would be in order or a replacement.

As for flippant comments, far too many...

My question is what is this doing in the WP8.1 section?
I don't know my thread was moved from the moderator too this section. I'm wondered to what my thread makes on this section

foxbat121

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Not that much power! The Lumia 1020 has a 2000mAH battery, i.e. it can supply 2 Amps of current for about one hour. If the OPs figure's are correct (a battery drain of 2-3% in one minute) then his LED is drawing well over 2 Amps of current. At 3.5 volts, that's 7W of power, which is more than some compact fluorescent bulbs.

You do know 1020 has a Xenon flash, not ordinary LED, right? Xenon flash has a much shorter life span than LED. Using it as flash light simply burn it up quickly.

fluffyowl kye

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
My friends sister got a Lumia 1020 too hope I can see her some time to test it with her Lumia 1020 or is nobody here that got a 1020 to check it too
Its cause the camera launches too! Turn on the flashlight and cover the LED light. You'll notice the lens for the camera is open. So its as if the phone is launching camera but just hiding the viewfinder with a UI.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon