How do I get Zune for my phone? I'm very confused.

Dorstlesser

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm having several music-player related problems on my Windows Phone (Lumia 720), and I was hoping anyone here could help.

In principle, I just want a decent music player for my own collection which is able to play my existing playlists using the normal file system. However I don't have the impression that such an app exists. So any player which allows me to make playlists on my device or which interfaces with a decent piece of software to do this (such as Zune I guess), will do.

However, I simply don't understand how to interface Zune with my phone. The MS website is not clear about this, since it presupposes my phone already has 'Zune'. I have the impression Zune is not an app but part of Xbox music. But when I stall Xbox music, I get the message that I should get an Xbox music pass before I can start using Xbox music (and presumably Zune). When click 'ok, get me a pass', I'm presented with a screen where it mentions either the free Xbox music pass or the premium one, but on this page there are no buttons to click; ie. I can't choose to get either the free pass or the premium one, it's just a screen with information.

So I'm really at a loss as to how I'm supposed to get Zune working; I've been googling for about 45 minutes now and it's just one big riddle.

Can anyone please help? Very confusing this.. Thanks. And if anyone wants to port Foobar2000 to WP, you can take my money ;)

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
720 won't have Zune. You will have Xbox music. If you want to purchase a pass, use a PC, purchase it. If possible post screenshots.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon