Project My Screen feature

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Can you actually project your phone to a tv screen? This is a really cool feature in surprise 🎊 Daniel is not all over it #slacking

#CyberSlacking. But honestly I'd say if you're projecting your desktop screen to a TV screen (be it duplicating or extending your screen to it) there's no reason why it shouldn't work. Also, believe it or not but I don't actually have a TV.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Can you actually project your phone to a tv screen? This is a really cool feature in surprise �� Daniel is not all over it #slacking

Not without a PC (Win 7/8.x) running the software and the PC connected to a TV. If you mean phone->USB->TV, it is not possible.

Edited to emphasize USB.

Last edited:

Nik Rolls

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Not exactly. If the TV supports Miracast or you have a Miracast dongle, and your phone is one of the newer ones that supports the wireless Project My Screen feature, then you can project right from your phone to the TV.

spyderzWPC

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Not exactly. If the TV supports Miracast or you have a Miracast dongle, and your phone is one of the newer ones that supports the wireless Project My Screen feature, then you can project right from your phone to the TV.

Currently the 1520 states "this phone can't project your screen with a wireless connection. Connect with USB"

I believe a patch is required to get it to work. which is not out yet.

Nik Rolls

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Currently the 1520 states "this phone can't project your screen with a wireless connection. Connect with USB"I believe a patch is required to get it to work. which is not out yet.
Quite possibly. It's probably one of the features that requires drivers from the Cyan firmware.

IzaacJ

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know if it's possible to get touchpoints to show up in the Project My Screen App? Would love to be able to use this when presenting my current project for a bunch of business people next week.

Lumiamike

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
i know i am a little late to the party on this one as i gave up trying to project my phone and since the last minor bug fix update i had not retried BUT this morning i thought i would try again and without any removal of drivers or additional steps it now works !! so list a Lumia 720 to the no problem it connects brilliantly to the list of working PMP devices

AndyM72

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Miracast worked first time from my L630 to my Bravia. So yes, I'd say this is Cyan Update dependent (those of you running PDP don't have this yet).

Jason Hendry

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
when I got my 930 I presed project to screen and my phone all of it was put on my tv perfectly that's thy I wont use beamer, I don't want to have to go somewhere and scan in a code then send it to tv via that webpage lol. but unfortunately after firmware ypdate my tv isn't reven recognized so I cant pair with it anymore?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon