Developer Preview 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

The Skizzle

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Re: [Official] Developer Preview 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

Not sure if this is a bug, or more of a design flaw, but the Photos app has no options to organize photos.

The Skizzle

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

Created a new folder and moved some pictures using Onedrive on my Windows 8.1 PC. On the Photos app, it's reflecting the new album and shows one of the photos as the album cover, but when I open the album, no photos are loading. It's been about 5 minutes since I added the album and my PC synced the photos. The Photos app on my PC reflects the change.

tention

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

My Cortana's interest no longer working. Keep showing "I'm not turning up any suggestion. Try back later.". Clicking the interest setting throw ano they error "I can't seem to connect right now. Try again in a little bit.".

pezlin

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

On my 920, Virtually none of my apps work. A few things in settings don't even work. I click on 99% of my icons, and they load the app for about half a second then dump me at the homepage.

Apps that do work, meaning I can get into them; Settings (though I can only access about half of them), Marketplace (Even though its down, I can still access it), Alarms, Calculator, Internet Explorer.

Apps that don't work, (Cant even open them), Phone, Whatsapp, facebook, spotify, baconit (reddit app), any email account, IMDB, Flixster, Weather Channel, Any game.

I've done both soft and hard resets, to no avail.

sounds like the apps haven't reinstalled properly after the upgrade. Check in Store for updates.

Sent from my RM-821_eu_sweden_235 using Tapatalk

WinU

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site

920 user here. Updated last night without a single problem and the phone is working great! Haven't run into any bugs or defects yet!! :) Loving the swipe keyboard and the extra role of tiles even though it does make everything look smaller on the 920. Two questions: Why doesn't Cortana greet me with my name when I open the app? Second, where did my Background Tasks Option go under settings? Can't control the background tasks per app anymore? I used to turn them all off beside Weather. So far I am extremely happy!!

Elvis7

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site

sounds like the apps haven't reinstalled properly after the upgrade. Check in Store for updates.

Sent from my RM-821_eu_sweden_235 using Tapatalk

II'm having the same issue with ie11 .. How do I go about reinstalling ie11... Cant. :S

Pulak Vatsya

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site

My WhatsApp pics are now being stored under other pictures and not in the WhatsApp folder.and I cant find the videos which are being downloaded by WhatsApp??where are they going? Weird stuff

mariusmuntean

Banned
Mar 12, 2013
Visit site

920 user here. Updated last night without a single problem and the phone is working great! Haven't run into any bugs or defects yet!! :) Loving the swipe keyboard and the extra role of tiles even though it does make everything look smaller on the 920. Two questions: Why doesn't Cortana greet me with my name when I open the app? Second, where did my Background Tasks Option go under settings? Can't control the background tasks per app anymore? I used to turn them all off beside Weather. So far I am extremely happy!!

Go to battery saver, swipe left

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site

My list so far on the Nokia ICON....

-Games Hub, No Xbox one achievements or games listed (Was this even updated ?)
-Games show in the Application list and Game Hub, in 8 they only showed in the game hub this is causing a major mess in the application list
-Cortana, If I say "tell me a joke" or a few other "fun" type commands, it will say "Cant find a phone number for <facebook contact>" and crash right out to the start screen
-Battery life is No question worse, even draining a little, removed Bing weather, disabled almost all background apps from running, and powered off Wi-FI, still an issue.
-Noticed one time, after hanging up with a call, the screen went blank, power button did nothing, had to reboot it to get it back running.
-No question LAG on the ICON when powering it from standby, sometimes it is quick but, most times, it takes a few seconds

kukuxumusu

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site

They need to fix the pixelated profile picture on me tile for 4.5 inches and lower.

Nagendra_Yadav555

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site

After upgrading to WP 8.1 on my Lumia 520, not able to open the standalone Video or Game apps listed in Apps list, even pinned live tiles of Video and game is showing in light green rather than solid green as Music tile shows. When i press the video or game from the app list nothing happens, whereas I can open standalone Music app. If i go to Storage sense and click on Phone>video>Manage it gives the pop-up saying Search for app in store? you need to install this app for this task but if i hit yes it lands into video app from microsoft in store but in store it shows already installed. wp_ss_20140416_0001.png

RobinPaul

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site

My screen became unresponsive can't do anything even af softreset. Sometimes takes like 7 softreset before it works again.

Last edited:

uopjo6

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

Not sure if this is a bug, or more of a design flaw, but the Photos app has no options to organize photos.

One problem I can't stress hard enough is after editing a photo and saving it, it is lost somewhere in the Saved Pictures folder and I have to do some massive digging. Apparently it is not sorted by date.
It will be a problem if it is sorted by name since some apps give you a new name by default after editing.

uopjo6

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

They need to fix the pixelated profile picture on me tile for 4.5 inches and lower.

Mine was too after the update, until I tapped into my Me tile, tapped on the profile picture again and chose another one. All HD now give it a try.

contactlece

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site

its happening to my phone also..but battery must be cus u must have location turned on or somthing...

huevobatido

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site

I don't know if anyone has the same problem with the sound quality on videos, everytime I fast foward a video when it starts to play again you get a loud speaker noise, it sounds like a loud tap

contactlece

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site

Music isn't finished, it's getting an update evetually.

Also, when in the Music home page, swipe to the collection section and at the bottom there's a Shuffle all button. Or alternatively you can tell Cortana to play all music(since Xbox music is a tad slow, and she'll play music without having to open the app).

i did try the shuffle all button,,, its the same problem... only a selected number of songs appear.. i have over 220 songs.. but only 40-50 songs appear.. hope this gets fixed..

envio

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site

Somebody installed the update on HTC? Any issues?

Sent from my RM-914_eu_hungary_422 using Tapatalk

Biggest issue on HTC 8X is the HTC app itself no longer displays the clock or updates the weather on its Live tile. This was HTC's only redeeming feature over Nokia Lumias and now it's broken. If you set the HTC app as the lockscreen, it also never updates and just displays the stock HTC photo. The app, once inside, essentially still works, including the localised weather updates. But for me it's now useless, so I've uninstalled it.

My 8X is a UK version so Cortana did not arrive. I have tried changing my language and region to US (which causes an additional download and reboot) and moved the US language up to default to no avail. I also performed a full reset to factory settings, removed the SIM and set the phone up from scratch and still I couldn't get Cortana to make an appearance. So no Quiet Hours for me either (why is that not separate? Reminds me of the Datasense app data usage saga). Luckily a restore was successful but there are still some things that annoyingly, do not get backed up.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonkalas