Developer Preview 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

krcndn

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
phn pswrd nt wrkng wen swipe down notification action while lock. click on settin tap on startscreen button it nt aking for pswrd

MartLea

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
Accessing this site via ie11 on Lumia 620 wp8.1 pre cyan to browse forum post ie crashes. Post was "... some apps don't fully close...". No idea why this crashed ie but had to soft reset to recover ie.

Last edited:

raymond munar

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
i cant launch FIND MY PHONE in my settings, it just keeps on refreshing my setting list. I did changed my phone time and date settings but to no avail. My device nokia Lumia 1320 is running wp 8.1 developer preview. please help thanks.

Oniichan Nicholas

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
Why is the video player changed?It's like a computer one and more crappy...Is there a way to return to the old one,I mean when you click on a video to open something like a new tab that just shows the video?

Claudiu Popescu

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
After the last update on wp8.1 dev preview the music stored on My sd card is not showing in the music player. On storage sense the sees 32gb music files on a 4gb sd card....Any 💡 idea to solve it?

Martin Rheinheimer

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
after the last battery saver update it opens, flashes for 1 sec and then closes. In this short time I can see its working, because it shows my precise battery %, but I don't know whats happening. I'm using the .197 version of the preview. My phone has not received the .200 yet, neither the cyan update (still in black, obviously). I have tried to restart the phone, I've tried to soft reset a few times. I'm afraid i should hard reset, but I never did it before. Maybe its some incompatibulity with de new battery saver without the last "troll" (200) OS update and I should just wait? Because i have't seen in the forums anyone complaining about this issue.

Luffy Lau

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
The IE always shows me the mobile version when visiting some websites, even though I have set it to give the desktop version. There wasn't such a problem in WP8 and 7 so obviously it's a bug.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
The IE always shows me the mobile version when visiting some websites, even though I have set it to give the desktop version. There wasn't such a problem in WP8 and 7 so obviously it's a bug.

Yea, I came here to see if people were still having this issue. This was a bug that started when you first installed the DP, figured by one of the updates it would be fixed.

This is a big one for me, as I use ebay for a lot of stuff, buying and selling, the mobile app is ok, but, it does not do the full job. If I view a item via IE, it will ALWAYS force me over to the WAP site. I can not buy ANYTHING via IE in WP....

Major bug...

I was wondering if people who got a phone with 8.1 (or Cyan and doing a hard reset) are still having this issue.

Sourav Roy2

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
I have installed Windows 8.1 and moved Facebook messenger and WhatsApp to SD card, since them i can not access both. If i click the app it just came back to home screen without any error message. In the storage sense app, those two are not displayed anywhere, phone or sd card, as if they are gone. but the live tiles are there on home screen. Any solution? Thanks in advance. :)

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Every time I try to save music to my sd card it is saved in the other file, why does this happen.
'Other' files are what WP calls files it does not understand. For some reason your phone is not recognising the files as music files. Perhaps they are in a format that WP does not support? Perhaps they are in a supported format, but were encoded in some manner/by some program that WP doesn't like? Perhaps your SD card is not being written to/read from correctly (Lumias are very picky about SD cards, but a class 10 Samsung never seems to cause issues for anyone. Other makes can have patchy success and can be luck of the draw).

This is not a universal issue so you should be able to solve it.

Dan Bryan

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Same issue here. People Search not working after latest Developer Preview install. Tried soft reset but no hard reset yet. Anyone else having same issue?

D

Abhinav Singh7

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
I have installed Windows 8.1 and moved Facebook messenger and WhatsApp to SD card, since them i can not access both. If i click the app it just came back to home screen without any error message. In the storage sense app, those two are not displayed anywhere, phone or sd card, as if they are gone. but the live tiles are there on home screen. Any solution? Thanks in advance. :)

Whatsapp doesn't allow itself to be moved to the sd card. Transfer it back to the phone memory it should start working. Same for messenger.

Eric Vasania

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Skype works fine when i am in the app, however when i come out of it, it makes me appear offline on my friends devices and incoming calls do not get through like they used to before my upgrade to the Developers edition of WP8.1 on my 1020. What is alarming about this is that my messages on skype flawlessly pop up via push notifications even though i show offline to the rest of the world. I have uninstalled and reinstalled skype twice, only to get the same results. Please help!!!!

von929Shavone

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
I seem to have a problem with the official release of 8.1 on my 1520 I didn't have in the preview release. I have the speech set to play text through wired headset when received and Cortana does her usual thing, text from so and so read, cancel reply crap. Since 8.1 with Cyan after she sends the message there a crackle or pop then my music plays through the rear of my phone as well as the headphones. I'm not sure if this has something to do with the Dolby digital stuff. I did a stuff reset and hard reset, but it keeps happening

SmellDawg

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
after the last battery saver update it opens, flashes for 1 sec and then closes. In this short time I can see its working, because it shows my precise battery %, but I don't know whats happening. I'm using the .197 version of the preview. My phone has not received the .200 yet, neither the cyan update (still in black, obviously). I have tried to restart the phone, I've tried to soft reset a few times. I'm afraid i should hard reset, but I never did it before. Maybe its some incompatibulity with de new battery saver without the last "troll" (200) OS update and I should just wait? Because i have't seen in the forums anyone complaining about this issue.

Same problem here - Lumia 928. Soft resets do not solve the issue. I've tried force-reinstalling the app (through the app store on Microsoft's Windows Phone website), having Cortana "open battery saver", and toggling several services off (location off, wifi off, feedback off, advertising id off). Now when I try to open the Battery Saver app from the apps list, it still crashes - HOWEVER, if I open it from the settings list, the "settings" tab within the app will display and the app will not crash. If I try to swipe to the "usage" tab, the app will promptly crash.

The problem is far from solved, but at least this way a person can change the battery saver settings without performing a hard reset.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon