Lagging Apps in WP8.1

codynunes

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone noticed that some of the simplest of apps are lagging or taking forever to launch after the update? I uninstalled one of the apps and it fixed performance but I just wanted to make sure it was an issue instead of just my phone. I was thinking of doing a factory reset to see if that will clear it up.

Aren Clegg

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone noticed that some of the simplest of apps are lagging or taking forever to launch after the update? I uninstalled one of the apps and it fixed performance but I just wanted to make sure it was an issue instead of just my phone. I was thinking of doing a factory reset to see if that will clear it up.

some people have had this problem and usually uninstalling and reinstalling help. If you have lots of apps and don't care about possibly losing the settings you can do a hard reset. That'll also allow you to install all your apps onto your sd card. Just make sure to backup your apps first settings -> backup.

James Griggs

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
some people have had this problem and usually uninstalling and reinstalling help. If you have lots of apps and don't care about possibly losing the settings you can do a hard reset. That'll also allow you to install all your apps onto your sd card. Just make sure to backup your apps first settings -> backup.

No.. That doesn't help. Try asphalt 8 on Lumia 1520... That game ran amazingly on my 1520 on 8.0, now it runs at like 10 FPS...

Xpider_MX

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
I noticed some lag after hard reset, it looks like system is working on something after hard reset. After some minutes (half hour or something like this) the system is smooth.

codynunes

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
So I ended up doing a hard reset, and it looks like it helped a bit. App content wasn't backed up. Developers have to opt for that, but layout and automatic download of old apps worked great.

Games Goblin

May 26, 2013
Visit site
In Microsoft's defence, this is a preview, so some quirks are to be expected.

If you have a Nokia phone and want to go back to WP 8.0, you can use Nokia Care Suite to flash the WP8 ROM back.

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

codynunes

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
In Microsoft's defence, this is a preview, so some quirks are to be expected.

If you have a Nokia phone and want to go back to WP 8.0, you can use Nokia Care Suite to flash the WP8 ROM back.

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

Of course. No one said that it was worth rolling back. Overall I think its mostly preview/update pains. 😃

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
if I have to take a guess I say that it's because Cortana was using up all the resources to absorb the internet. after she's done, it's fast again :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs