Constant Rebooting... DO NOT UPDATE TO WP8.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

grizzlyaddams

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
And not only that, but the phone crashed while the facebook app was installing. Now it cannot be launched nor uninstalled. If I want to use facebook I have to hard reset the phone AGAIN.

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
On the plus side? If you're in the midwest, we're having a killer blood moon right now...

Sorry about the issues you're having, so are you back on 8.1 or 8.0?

Naren Parker

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
No problems here except heating nd battery drain

Sent from my C2305 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

This!! The update has been fairly smooth for me. The heating and battery drain is sorta rapid now. Possibly due to Location and Cortana being always on. Battery Saver shows Cortana as the main guzzler. Apart from that, great update.

To the OP - I strongly suggest you go for a hard reset. If your info is backed onto Onedrive, getting your settings and apps back is a cinch. Lumia 920.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
That is not what I said at all. I purposefully skipped restoring from a backup to rule out any problem related to the old settings, and I am still getting reboots. Please read before replying.

Misread your post, the capital letters and bold type make it look like you were complaining that your phone didn't restore itself to a backup.

I'm sorry you're having issues but we're going out of our way to try to help you with them here. There's no need to be rude.

John20212

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
The lesson here for everyone who does not know this already is, DO NOT use pre-release software on you main and only phone, IF you are unwilling to take a bit of risk. This is true with any software that is not a final version; or at least not published as final version and only officially intended for developers.

For anyone wondering, for me the update is working fine on my ATT Lumia 520, but I am waiting for the official release on my Lumia 1020.

liam-ward

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Misread your post, the capital letters and bold type make it look like you were complaining that your phone didn't restore itself to a backup.

I'm sorry you're having issues but we're going out of our way to try to help you with them here. There's no need to be rude.

I read it that way too. I had to go back over it once I saw the following message.

For anyone my Lumia 1520 is doing ok so far.

Anand Ramabhadran

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
Guys.. Do you all have prob syncing ua facebook into people hub and all?? And i dont have contact sync option in hotmail too.. It shows only sync email! Anybody have any idea what to do?

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
This!! The update has been fairly smooth for me. The heating and battery drain is sorta rapid now. Possibly due to Location and Cortana being always on. Battery Saver shows Cortana as the main guzzler. Apart from that, great update.

To the OP - I strongly suggest you go for a hard reset. If your info is backed onto Onedrive, getting your settings and apps back is a cinch. Lumia 920.

Hey I cannot take screenshot by doing volume up nd power key press.any help I tried soft reset.

Sent from my C2305 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon