windows phone 8.1 bugs/problem FAQ

wuiyang

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
i have saw some thread saying "DO NOT INSTALL WINDOWS PHONE 8.1", "windows phone 8.1 is battery drainer", "constant reboot" etc, so i open this thread to fix your problem (and mine too)
does not find your question? reply your question so that we can help you!

FAQ:
where are "Background apps"?
it has moved to battery saver, go to the app list (the list beside main menu), find battery sense, click it, press the app that you want to enable/disable in background

WiFi failed/does not work
make sure y WiFi still allow to open when lockscreen, settings > WiFi > advanced > tick "keep Wi-Fi on when the screen times out"
EDIT:there is no keep wifi on setting now, it MIGHT be always on in windows phone 8.1 now, without settings, untick settings in WiFI > advanced > the top 2 settings for saving battery

there is no comma(,) on keyboard
go to settings > Keyboard > Advanced > Tick the "Show a comma key when available".

Store are not working
store are unavailable for some country now, please wait for it

I cant find my apps in notification center settings
wait for your app get notification, it will be there once your app send a notification

Last edited:

DJ Odom

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
My wife updated her Icon to 8.1 yesterday. It has since frozen after receiving text messages. Any way to know why it is freezing? Anybody else had these issues with the update?

frankelweeze

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I'm having a problem with a bluetooth earpiece. When taking a call or calling someone Speaker phone turns on and can't hear anything from it and can't disable "Speaker" mode.
Still trying to see if there's some other issue causing this. Anyone have a problem with Bluetooth earpiece? Plantronics PLT_VoyagerPRO and Nokia Lumia 928.

wuiyang

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
My wife updated her Icon to 8.1 yesterday. It has since frozen after receiving text messages. Any way to know why it is freezing? Anybody else had these issues with the update?

is your phone open too much apps? or that text messages was too big to open? free some space to receive SMS

wuiyang

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm having a problem with a bluetooth earpiece. When taking a call or calling someone Speaker phone turns on and can't hear anything from it and can't disable "Speaker" mode.
Still trying to see if there's some other issue causing this. Anyone have a problem with Bluetooth earpiece? Plantronics PLT_VoyagerPRO and Nokia Lumia 928.

go to bluetooth settings, press advanced or something, tick that

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goergtalk