would "hard reset": be a logical next move?

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
I have the icon. Was wondering if I should do the dreaded hard reset. The phone seems to have a few quirks and niggles since 8.1. Was wondering who else has done this since the upgrade and if it seemed to help.
I'd prefer to start from complete scratch and just reinstall anything myself one at a time from 8, this way I can be sure not to bring any incompatibility back, reinstalling slowly and keeping a wary eye for any app related issues. I'm new to WP, so what's the best way to get the cleanest refresh back to total stock? I see in settings in "about" that there is a phone reset button. Would this do what I need? TIA, and please anyone who has done a complete hard reset chime in with any positive, good results. Thanks again.

grizzlyaddams

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
I had to bite the bullet and hard reset my HTC 8XT no less than 4 times just for it to be usable for texts. I did them mostly by the hardware key combo, but the one time I did it from Settings>Reset Phone, my carrier settings were wiped after the reset, which forced me to do another hard reset via key combo. Not sure if this was a coincidence or not.

The hard reset in my case did not solve my major problems, such as wi-fi crashing or constant rebooting. I was only able to sway the reboots by disabling Wi-Fi altogether, which is despicable because my cellular service is sub-par to say the least in my area. Phone might as well be a feature phone now. YMMV.

EchoOne30

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
I did a hard reset on my ATIV S, everything went, and still is, completely fine. I usually do after a software upgrade like this. I didn't know about the bug, so thankfully I wasn't affected.

-edit-

Wait, I lied. Cell data wouldn't work after the hard reset. Spent a few mins searching and found out I had to enter the APN manually, as I guess 8.1 isn't configuring some phones properly. But after I entered it, things are back to normal.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon