Ribbon ?System Tray? instead of Android-like ?notification center?

B-7

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone.
After release of 8.1 with it's ?notifications center? I, let's say, wasn't fully satisfied. Let's face it, it looks like a some kind of workaround and doesn't fit the OS ?*with the player control, voice contlol interfaces etc. Also it's not a bit original ? it looks absolutely the same as a notifications center in other mobile OSs.
Then I came up with an idea. Why not to use idea from Office products and not to turn notification menu into an expandable system tray?
The idea is described in a suggestion under this link (rate here). I'll describe it shortly here: it's a ribbon of icons, shown through swipe down, each resembling the icon from a top bar. They could be interacted directly or open the specific app or an options page.
Here're some rough design sketches.
wptray_by_agentb_7-d7el898.png

kingenu

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
its ridiculous thats why, i don't get why some user want the OS to be 100% different from other OSes, seriously it is impossible for our OS not to have some features that resemble ios or android, you won't ever find this ever!, because unless im wrong you are saying you don't like the NC because according to you(i haven't used android) it resembles android?, to me and probably many other people this NC is unique, maybe not 100% unique in terms of what it does but a notification centre is meant to show you notifications and quick toggles which is what it does.

just enjoy it instead of wanting to change it

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett