IE 11 (WP 8.1) vs. Google Chrome.(Android)

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Ah... I see now that when using the mobile site it works to login. When I went to the site it never transferred me to the mobile site, but kept me on the desktop site (guess the preference in IE11 doesn't work on their site maybe), which doesn't work in IE. When I went to m.foxnews.com it let me login. Thanks for trying!

Edit: No, that wasn't it. Not that it matters, but it turns out that it doesn't work if trying to log in when commenting on an article, only when using the main login in the menu. It had nothing to do with mobile site, it did format it for mobile use correctly. Just this particular function that didn't work, for some reason. Still, thanks for trying and showing that there was a workaround. :)

chocka

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if that's me you're talking to, but I don't care about Chrome. So it's probably someone else. :)

The screenshot you showed is for signing up with a Fox News account. I could do that too (at least get to that screen, which is NOT a popup, it's an overlay on the existing page). What I asked about was signing in with an external account such as FB or Google+. Has anyone managed to do that?
I signed in with google account. Right click on the pop up(tap and hold)and open a new tab.

Last edited:

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Are you talking about this?
Tap and hold a little bit
View attachment 64375

Tap and hold shows off the IE menu. (Open in new tab and stuff). Although it opens the sub menu like the like screenshot you captured, but not always, and even when you do, the menu is not always accessible, and the tap and hold is a way to go around it.

Kindly try going to RJ.com when you get to the webpage share with us if it works.

Rodrigo Mendes

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Tap and hold shows off the IE menu. (Open in new tab and stuff). Although it opens the sub menu like the like screenshot you captured, but not always, and even when you do, the menu is not always accessible, and the tap and hold is a way to go around it.

Kindly try going to RJ.com when you get to the webpage share with us if it works.

Tap and Hold (very little time) works for me in rj.com, dude. Very good tip!!!!

Alex Mason86

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Just been giving IE11 a workout. From my perspective its really not that bad at all! Its still not as quick to load as Safari on my iPad4 (I have a Lumia 1520 so hardware wise, more than comparable) but once actually loaded (usually in full, while Safari might still have a few elements that aren't text to load) its super slick to scroll about and finally they have swipe gestures for back n forth. Thats the winner right there. Reader mode is nice, but all i've ever wanted was that forward/backward action and they've done it.

I can delete Surfy, UC and Maxthon now. Next, they just need to get a built in or native document viewer a la iOS so that PDF files can be opened in browsers or from within the email client. Yeah its copying, but its a genuinely useful feature and there is absolutely no sense in trying to do it differently for the sake of it.

anon(8504076)

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
Chrome on Android is by far the WORST browser experience on mobile browsing (Chrome for iOS was good before they f*cked it up) It's sluggish,unresponsive,slow and laggy (Both tablet and smartphone version) It doesn't even pinch to zoom properly If you want a decent browser on Android use the vanilla one or Firefox And also I think you didn't give IE a chance at all I've used almost any browser and have somewhat experience of IE (5-11) and I'm pretty sure Windows Mobile 5 had a better browsing experience than Chrome on Android

Updated Thoughts:I finally touched my Android phone (Corporate enrolled SGS II) for a while and I can say that Chrome is a LOT better than it was. It's still not butter smooth but it's ok and quite nice to use. But still I'm rooting for Firefox beats all mobile browsers I've ever used and it has extensions (Yay! Adblock!). And about Chrome for iOS, It doesn't crash anymore while only 3 tabs open!, Now the crashing limit is 10+ tabs! Good job Google :)

Ezhik

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
you are a number guy so you should know that IE has more market share than Chrome
oRZBya3.png

source: https://www.w3counter.com/globalstats.php

Dantekai14

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
I don't why but as I browse more and more , I find more and more sites which doesn't work on IE but it works fine on Chrome.

Today I am having problem in Login mediafire a/c in my phone.
and
PCMag doesn't work on IE. It's a mobile website.
(mobile.pcmag.com)

IE is getting more and more disappointing. It's not even an average performing browser.

Last edited:

James Ng1

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
tbh, all apps are in beta. they're continually being updated and made better. This jsut shows WP is behind android...but catching up soon!

but at this point in time...chrome is better than IE 11

OberstDanjeje

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
This is an old 3D, anyway on my Lumia 930 IE11 improved a lot, just opened phonearena (no issue) press start, opened Other 7/8 apps, locked the phone, unlock and come back to IE, no reloading.
same for Facebook beta app, before both on my L720 and 1520 had the reloading issue

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon