Missing features of 8 in WP8.1 (what were once great features)

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Going by the title of this thread I thought it was features that were missing in WP8 that are in WP8.1 :-(

daniel620

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
I would like to have all those cool features of WP8.1 in WP8 with the old music + videos and photos and games hubs... Also the people and the store hubs too.

Who is with me????

lovenokia

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I am glad they removed facebook integration into the messaging hub, and also happy that they made the pictures hub go straight to the camera roll. It functions much quicker now, and straight to the point. The os has been cleaned up, and it is at a point where it can go mainstream now.

mariusfilip

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Last edited:

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
i really miss the tickbox in sound setting panel...for instance i am expecting an important mail or call and don't want to be disturbed by all my other notifications...like Fb,Fb messenger,Whatsapp and so on...i made a thread about this,but it looks like i was the single one on the planet Earth using this feature :)) View attachment 63804
turn off all notification sounds by unchecking a tickbox in sound settings,like in wp 8.0 (wp 8.1 developer preview) – Feature Suggestions for Windows Phone

That's controlled by the notifications+actions settings on a notification by notification basis now.

anon(8780439)

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
I am glad they removed facebook integration into the messaging hub, and also happy that they made the pictures hub go straight to the camera roll. It functions much quicker now, and straight to the point. The os has been cleaned up, and it is at a point where it can go mainstream now.

everything is good when you get the option to enable it or not... I would love to have the old albums list (or something new like it) again :(

bulls96

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site
I miss the "me" tile notifications. It saved me from having to go to the FB or twitter app, Instagram too.

Sent from my Surface with Windows RT using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goergtalk