Apps don't close

Pratik Mehta

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else having this problem:
I open Facebook and come out of it by pressing the back button(obviously it should be closed now)
But when I long press the back button again,I see Facebook in background. The app hasn't closed!!

Last edited:

shrinivasan p

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
Yes, many apps don't close when we use the back button. (some time I find that battery saver, store and many)
I read somewhere that in 8.1 that is the behavior.
More knowledgeable members will hope clarify. In any case, often I hold the back button and use "X" to close any app open.
Regards

Pratik Mehta

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Yes, many apps don't close when we use the back button. (some time I find that battery saver, store and many)
I read somewhere that in 8.1 that is the behavior.
More knowledgeable members will hope clarify. In any case, often I hold the back button and use "X" to close any app open.
Regards

That does not affect the battery,does it?

radmanvr

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
It should not affect the battery and no the back button no longer closes the app it suspends it so you can quickly access it in multitask mode.

hprvez

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Suspended apps never affected battery consumption in wp, every modern os behaves like that, probably they aren't closed even if you press the x, just like in Windows 8

kenzibit

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else having this problem:
I open Facebook and come out of it by pressing the back button(obviously it should my closed now)
But when I long press the back button again,I see Facebook in background. The app hasn't closed!!

Yeah normal. That the new feature WP8.1 is bringing. Very soon all apps will make use of it. Right now some closes some suspend.

Michal Holbay

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Yeah normal. That the new feature WP8.1 is bringing. Very soon all apps will make use of it. Right now some closes some suspend.

Hi.
When i tried to close Facebook app (not the beta app) it continued to run in the background (when i long pressed back button it was there) but my battery started to drain very quickly like 20% in a hour (i have lumia 1520) and when i closed the facebook completely it stops... Is there any solution to prevent this behavior?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3