Huge Amazon device sale! Shop all the discounts now

Anyone else having this problem:
    I open Facebook and come out of it by pressing the back button(obviously it should be closed now)
    But when I long press the back button again,I see Facebook in background. The app hasn't closed!!
    Last edited by Pratik Mehta; 04-21-2014 at 12:13 PM.
    04-21-2014 07:57 AM
    Yes, many apps don't close when we use the back button. (some time I find that battery saver, store and many)
    I read somewhere that in 8.1 that is the behavior.
    More knowledgeable members will hope clarify. In any case, often I hold the back button and use "X" to close any app open.
    Regards
    Pratik Mehta likes this.
    04-21-2014 08:03 AM
    Yes, many apps don't close when we use the back button. (some time I find that battery saver, store and many)
    I read somewhere that in 8.1 that is the behavior.
    More knowledgeable members will hope clarify. In any case, often I hold the back button and use "X" to close any app open.
    Regards
    That does not affect the battery,does it?
    04-21-2014 10:40 AM
    It should not affect the battery and no the back button no longer closes the app it suspends it so you can quickly access it in multitask mode.
    04-21-2014 10:43 AM
    Suspended apps never affected battery consumption in wp, every modern os behaves like that, probably they aren't closed even if you press the x, just like in Windows 8
    04-21-2014 11:57 AM
    It should not affect the battery and no the back button no longer closes the app it suspends it so you can quickly access it in multitask mode.
    So is just for multitasking?
    But of your check your battery sense, the app in use consumption is higher!!
    04-21-2014 12:08 PM
    Anyone else having this problem:
    I open Facebook and come out of it by pressing the back button(obviously it should my closed now)
    But when I long press the back button again,I see Facebook in background. The app hasn't closed!!
    Yeah normal. That the new feature WP8.1 is bringing. Very soon all apps will make use of it. Right now some closes some suspend.
    Pratik Mehta likes this.
    04-21-2014 12:11 PM
    Yeah normal. That the new feature WP8.1 is bringing. Very soon all apps will make use of it. Right now some closes some suspend.
    Hi.
    When i tried to close Facebook app (not the beta app) it continued to run in the background (when i long pressed back button it was there) but my battery started to drain very quickly like 20% in a hour (i have lumia 1520) and when i closed the facebook completely it stops... Is there any solution to prevent this behavior?
    06-26-2014 03:10 AM
    Long press back button then close it.
    06-26-2014 04:25 AM