I've searched the forums but couldn't find an answer so I thought I'd ask. I mentioned before that I am moving over to windows phone (coming from android) to the 1520 and just trying to get all the information that I can get. The question I have is can I copy over my text messages to the 1520?

Looking around the answer seems to be no but is there a way to do this at all? some sort of hack? my texts are very important to me as they contain info that I need to keep hold of. I've tried the transfer my data app on my dads phone (625) and it just moves over the contacts and loses connection when it comes to the texts. I really want to get the 1520 but this seems like a problem. Any solution????

Posted via the WPC App for Android!
    04-23-2014 04:27 PM
    I've searched the forums but couldn't find an answer so I thought I'd ask. I mentioned before that I am moving over to windows phone (coming from android) to the 1520 and just trying to get all the information that I can get. The question I have is can I copy over my text messages to the 1520?

Looking around the answer seems to be no but is there a way to do this at all? some sort of hack? my texts are very important to me as they contain info that I need to keep hold of. I've tried the transfer my data app on my dads phone (625) and it just moves over the contacts and loses connection when it comes to the texts. I really want to get the 1520 but this seems like a problem. Any solution????

I think there is a Nokia app (for Lumias) for transfering data from non-Windows Phone.
    04-23-2014 05:01 PM
    I have already tried the transfer my data app and it only does contacts. Always loses connection when trying to transfer texts which from what I understand is common as it can't do it.

I so want to change over but it's this at the moment that is keeping me on the fence!!!

04-23-2014 05:25 PM
    What about saving your text messages to a file and saving on OneDrive/OneNote? It is not the best solution, but you'll have your text messages if you need it.
    04-23-2014 05:48 PM
    i am doubtful you will find a way to get the text on to your WP as text messages, but you could always backup the text from your Android to gmail so that you will have access to them once you're no longer using android.

How To Backup Your Text Messages to Your Gmail Account
    04-23-2014 06:13 PM
    Thanks for the replies. So I guess there is definitely no way to get them on the phone :-( it is something I need on the phone itself as its required for work purposes. Anyone know if this is something that is in the works to get it sorted???

04-23-2014 06:17 PM
    Anyone??? Can this be added as a feature at a later date? Surely Microsoft cannot overlook this.

04-24-2014 07:54 AM
    Anyone??? Can this be added as a feature at a later date? Surely Microsoft cannot overlook this.

Maybe in the Wap8.1 launch, it is supposed that WP8.1 will support third party SMS apps.

Sent from my Lumia 920 with WP8.1 using Tapatalk
    04-27-2014 12:18 PM