An update for Windows Phone 8.1 (?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lukasz Ciastko

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Hello, I've had Windows Phone 8.1 installed on my HTC 8S for quite a while now. And today, I got another update that took some time to install. I don't have Preview for Developers app installed. Any idea what this update is?

Lukasz Ciastko

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Well, I had it installed when 8.1 was first issued, and then I removed the app. Today, there was another update that took some 5-10 min to install. The system version is the same, but I didn't take a screen to check the rest.

Lukasz Ciastko

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
8.1 was released a week last Monday but I don't think you have 8.1 as 8.1 is the developers preview.

I do have the developer preview. What I'm saying is that today I got another update, which is a bit interesting. And either Microsoft starts issuing some new update to random users, or HTC does it. Another interesting thing is that I again got the message about how to make a screen shot in WP 8.1, and this message is only supposed to appear for a short time after updating to 8.1. But then, again, I can't get a Microsoft update without Preview for Developers installed, can I?

foxbat121

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
If OS version is the same, you probably received a firmware update from HTC, not an 8.1 update from Microsoft.

Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon