Needs Mute All

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
I know that you can separately tap on app sounds / media and notifications to mute them, but I really miss the one touch mute button from WP 8.0. It gets pretty frustrating to me to have to use so many taps to mute my phone, that I wish they would take a step back to what 8.0 did and readd the bell. Ideally, it would be a button to mute EVERYTHING, not just one or the other. Then, I also think they need to add a "Mute All" next to the Vibrate toggle on the more detailed volume controls.

volume.jpg

Anyone else think this would be a good idea? Or is it just me? I know we're never going back to the dedicated hardware switch that Palm phones had for this sort of thing, but I really think the software toggle just needs to be simpler.

Danjp

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
The only work around is to tell Cortana to "turn quite hours in" which is alright if you like talking to a phone

Joshua Jackson

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I also think they need to add a "Mute All" next to the Vibrate toggle on the more detailed volume controls.
Only if it actually SILENCES the phone (IE...no sound comes from the speaker, under any circumstance).
I was really hoping that Quiet Hours would work this way (and be able to schedule any number of instances), yet sounds still are heard.
JJ

Nischi85

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I miss it as well, Ive had quite a few occassions where music or sounds are playing from apps running, but I cant see the apps when I hold the back button, and they dont show up on the sound settings.
So my solution is to remember which app I had opened before, and re-open to find where the paus or stop button is for each thing. I.e. today I had a video playing in Internet explorer, I switched to another app, closed down Internet Explorer, and it still kept playing the audio from the video, couldnt stop it, but had to re-open internet explorer and manually pause the video....annoying, a single mute button would at least solve it temporarily.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon