Music file showing extension in Music Player

Soyeb Mullick

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone, last night I transferred two Music Files to my Music Folder through USB from my laptop as i always do since am using this Lumia 820, India. But after updating to Windows Phone 8.1 Dev Preview, newly transferred music files showing in the songs menu. How to fix this? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Fantasia Painting.jpg

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I think renaming the file might help. In the desktop in windows explorer click on view > options change folder and search option > view menu > show extension for known file types . Click ok. Now open the folder containg the music file. You will see the file has two .mp3 extension (for ex : Main kya karoon.mp3.mp3) delete the first .mp3 snd save. Now delete the previous file in your phone and transfer the edited file.

Sent from my RM-941_im_india_204 using Tapatalk

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I think renaming the file might help. In the desktop in windows explorer click on view > options change folder and search option > view menu > show extension for known file types . Click ok. Now open the folder containg the music file. You will see the file has two .mp3 extension (for ex : Main kya karoon.mp3.mp3) delete the first .mp3 and
save. Now delete the previous file in your phone and transfer the edited file.

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I think renaming the file might help. In the desktop in windows explorer click on view > options change folder and search option > view menu > show extension for known file types . Click ok. Now open the folder containg the music file. You will see the file has two .mp3 extension (for ex : Main kya karoon.mp3.mp3) delete the first .mp3 and
save. Now delete the previous file in your phone and transfer the edited file.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3