04-29-2014 11:20 AM
72 123
tools
    Common man!!! If that update is really meant for DEVELOPERS there is no need of publishing the PREVIEW FOR DEVELOPERS app on the store...and Our WPCENTRAL guys no need make a video tutorial about how to download the preview update for DEVELOPERS!!!
    Now pls stop using the phrase PREVIEW FOR DEVELOPERS!!!!
    And pls note: I LUV WINDOWS!!!

Coming to the settings there is still no useful USB settings for windows phone!!!!
    The wifi �� is great but but it keep forgetting the passwords as always.

Wat abt the audio settings still no change log.

When I turn on the automatic brightness my phone's behaving like a ghost!!!...sometimes with high contrast and more brightness
    Regarding USB Settings, go to cortana, key in usb, swipe to phone, and you will see usb settings
    04-29-2014 09:33 AM
    Yeah. Kinda do. Miss the hubs. Miss my ME tile. The quick scan and reply of the peep hub. I actually unpinned my ME tile because its utterly useless. Thinking about unpinning people too. Hate using it now because of the splash screen of facebook everytime I do anything. That FB app sux. I was just smoked by WP8.1 downloading this preview. :(

If they're gonna make us use an app to do everything now I might as well look into iOS or Droid. They specialize in apps and rock that retro 2007 screens of icons!
    Agree 100%
    jasqid likes this.
    04-29-2014 09:34 AM
    or maybe you're the one with bad patience...
    it's a Preview for Developer, so technically speaking it's not for everyone, including you and me
    if you can't stand the bug then use this experience as a lesson and don't install the next update's PfD (8.1 GDR1)

fyi, my 1020 is still sofa king smooth with the 8.1 PfD
    the only major problem I got with the 8.1 was battery life, yet it returned to normal after approx. 2 weeks

btw, have you tried a reset?
    Yeah I've tried reset and it worked fine for a while and after a few days its normal!!!
    And FYI I'm not the one with bad patience I've waited 5-6 mnths for the update😃!!
    04-29-2014 09:34 AM
    I think that from the OP posts it shows how little he understands about 8.1

It would be a good idea for him to go back to 8.0 until 8.1 is released with cyan.

BTW my wives 1020 with 8.1 is faster, smoother and has better battery life. As with all my windows phones the first couple of days had bad battery but then they improved to better than before.
    04-29-2014 09:40 AM
    I don't feel any lag on my Lumia 810, which I updated to 8.1 about a week and a half or so ago. I'm really liking 8.1 for the most part. The music issue has been solved thanks to that music hub app, but the glitch in the uploading images to OneDrive is driving me batty! Thought it would be back to normal after the OneDrive update last week, but no dice. Other than that, though, I really like 8.1. But I'll wait for an official release before updating my 925 and I think I'll just keep my 920 on Windows Phone 8.
    04-29-2014 09:44 AM
    I think that from the OP posts it shows how little he understands about 8.1

It would be a good idea for him to go back to 8.0 until 8.1 is released with cyan.

BTW my wives 1020 with 8.1 is faster, smoother and has better battery life. As with all my windows phones the first couple of days had bad battery but then they improved to better than before.
    Common really!
    "A better battery life"😆
    04-29-2014 09:46 AM
    Has anyone moaning about the dev preview used the diagnostics app?

I've not used it in any anger, but if you have issues, surely using that is going to actually give some useful feedback to Microsoft, which might enable the problems to be fixed.
    04-29-2014 09:52 AM
    I luv my 1020 so much until I've been updated to wp8.1.This new update made my phone lag, lag and lag all the...why does Microsoft do such a nut job like 8.1, of course it has some useful features which help but, 8.1 made no difference between Android and Windows.
    I used mock my friends about their phones lagging all the time..but now its my turn!!!!!
    do what i did. hard reset your phone.first back up your phones and start everything fresh. your OS will still be running 8.1 after a fresh installation,no need to go through the old process of updating to 8.1 and it doesnt take long. my phone is lag free and faster now. getting better battery life now. it says i have a day and 20 hours battery left after doing a fresh installation.i used to get just 12 hours of battery life now its a day and its running smooth now. try this
    04-29-2014 09:57 AM
    Yeah I'll be honest and sort of agree with the op.

I'm aware its a dev preview but I wish id stuck with just WP 8.

My main issues is an old one, notifications. They are terrible. They break on whatsapp, Facebook and Facebook messenger all the time. At least whatsapp tells me they are broken and the phone needs rebooted.

The phone (920) had lagged a bit more than it did on 8.

My fav feature is the swipe keyboard, it's brilliant. The notification centre is almost useless as notifications hardly come through to go into it.

Think I'll get a Moto g until the proper release of 8.1 makes its way to O2 UK, that could be 4-5 months away.
    Whatsapp hasn't been updated to support any of the new features. If you have the facebook beta, it hasn't been updated correctly either. The release version of facebook works fine for notifications on both of my phones. As does messenger.

Blaming un-updated apps for a non-released version of an OS is pretty ridiculous. Why would you even install something that is a "preview" or "beta" on your daily device. I'm blown away by people who can't wait for a full release, then complain that it isn't working right? Not an actual developer, don't install it.
    04-29-2014 10:01 AM
    Question, dont know if this has been said already.... If you dont like the 8.1, why dont you use NSU to flash your device back to 8.0?
    04-29-2014 10:02 AM
    Not here. Best update ever on ANY platform or device I've used and I've been in the industry for 30+ years. Your mileage may vary but you were asking for opinions.
    Shankar chandran S likes this.
    04-29-2014 10:04 AM
    My 920 is still as fast as ever, bar a couple hiccups during gaming. Love it. :P
    04-29-2014 10:10 AM
    My 925 seems to be working perfectly well with the Developer Preview.
    I did have an issue in the first couple of days with an e-mail account that continually synched for 48 hours, causing a catastrophic drain on the battery - but deleting and reinstalling that account seems to have fixed that. Mind you - it could have nothing to do with WP8.1 at all, might just have been one of those things!
    Last edited by Pufnstuf1012; 04-29-2014 at 10:25 AM. Reason: spelling!
    04-29-2014 10:25 AM
    I luv my 1020 so much until I've been updated to wp8.1.This new update made my phone lag, lag and lag all the...why does Microsoft do such a nut job like 8.1, of course it has some useful features which help but, 8.1 made no difference between Android and Windows.
    I used mock my friends about their phones lagging all the time..but now its my turn!!!!!😞
    I love the update, it actually brought me back to using my 920 as a daily driver. But if I'm being honest, my 920 had always been so full (around 400mb free), that it lagged worse than most Android phones. Much worse. This update actually freed up space! Before the update I had just under 400mb free. After the update I had nearly 3gb free! Lag is now gone!

I know people (read-Fanboys) will cry foul and say "That's impossible, Windows Phone doesn't/can't lag!" But the simple truth is it can and it did (not just mine, my dad's, mom's, and gf's all lagged a bit). That was post update. Since then no lag!
    04-29-2014 10:28 AM
    I like 8.1 better. I went back to 8.0 briefly and immediately updated to 8.1 again. It has drawbacks, but overall is a more efficient OS.
    04-29-2014 10:39 AM
    Like others have said, you really need to do a hard reset after installing 8.1. It's like a computer with Windows and installing an upgrade versus as clean install.
    yes! hard reset and clean install=8.1 running beautifully on my ativ s! 1 camera bug which I know will be fixed with upcoming firmware. other than that I have absolutely no regrets about installing 8.1 dev preview.
    04-29-2014 10:42 AM
    Yeah I've tried reset and it worked fine for a while and after a few days its normal!!!
    And FYI I'm not the one with bad patience I've waited 5-6 mnths for the update!!
    I might be wrong with the notion of you having a bad patience...
    but I know I'm right to note that you set your expectations too high on a BETA and got disappointed...

most apps are still not updated for the 8.1, that's why you'll find some bugs
    there are some features in the update that I consider experimental and that's why you should see some bugs too...
    it's worth noting that these days, I'm getting several apps update (heck, even I updated Asphalt 8 twice in the span of 5 days!)

you should've known the risk since you decided to upgrade to 8.1 PfD, yet you ignore the terms in the Preview for Developers app
    you should be ashamed of yourself...

after a few days its normal
    why are you complaining, then?

stop crying around like a baby and grow up
    bkabela likes this.
    04-29-2014 10:44 AM
    Definitely prefer 8.1. I think my favorite change is having more tiles on my 928. I like the notification center more than I thought I would. I'm still playing with Cortana, but she's better than Siri.

My battery life may have taken a slight hit, but not horribly so. Or, maybe it's just because I'm playing more games, lately. Either way, I have more than enough juice to make it through the day.
    04-29-2014 10:57 AM
    Question, dont know if this has been said already.... If you dont like the 8.1, why dont you use NSU to flash your device back to 8.0?

They wouldn't do that,then they won't have anything to ***** about.

I was guilty of complaining as well,I was under the impression that this was a completed release,but,after researching it better,realized it wasn't.

If folks want the latest to work,they have to invest the time to make it work properly. It's a preview,not a general release regardless what they have read or heard,or think.

Some apps cause issues some don't, they should be tested,and evaluated,as well as everything else with this release.

To ***** and complain you don't like a new feature or how things are is just plain stupid. It's a preview for DEVELOPERS..either make the most with it ir remove it from your phone.

Mac

Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Tapatalk
    mikeycl likes this.
    04-29-2014 11:06 AM
    I like 8.1 better also, but I'm not loading it up to the max or even using Facebook whatsapp twitter or any other of that social crap stuff, just not my style. It also seems I read a lot about issues with those apps.
    8.1 is smooth as silk on my icon, but has not been without a couple hiccups which I found fixes for right here on this forum. Never even had to hard reset, but was fully prepared to do so if needed. Battery life which was crap for awhile has settled down nicely and is now about the same as before. I didn't jump on this update immediately as I wanted to watch for issues popping up. I wouldn't want to revert back tho, no way. When Verizon rolls out their version of 8.1 I shall not be jumping on it before I hear how it goes with some other first adopters. Just because its Verizon and its official doesn't mean it wont come with its own set of issues.
    04-29-2014 11:11 AM
    It's a Developer Preview, which has been released for test purposes.

It's not been released so that people can simply get the update early.
    No, this was released as being ready for prime time. This is their build (not to say it won't be updated, and yes yes drivers etc), but this is it. This is wp8.1.

It isn't a beta, or a test build, or anything like that.
    04-29-2014 11:18 AM
    04-29-2014 11:20 AM
72 123