How many of you started hating your windows phone after WP8.1???

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRotfler

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
I'm starting to.
No reliable notifications, battery draining, stopped live tiles when disconnecting from charge...
Too many issues even for a preview.

shamrock1988

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I'll be honest and sort of agree with the op.

I'm aware its a dev preview but I wish id stuck with just WP 8.

My main issues is an old one, notifications. They are terrible. They break on whatsapp, Facebook and Facebook messenger all the time. At least whatsapp tells me they are broken and the phone needs rebooted.

The phone (920) had lagged a bit more than it did on 8.

My fav feature is the swipe keyboard, it's brilliant. The notification centre is almost useless as notifications hardly come through to go into it.

Think I'll get a Moto g until the proper release of 8.1 makes its way to O2 UK, that could be 4-5 months away.

XXNUZ

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I wish I could get it. It looks amazing! But I'm still using a Lumia 900...

Sent from my purple velociraptor running Windows Phone 7.8

Amila Kumara

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Glad its just your turn cause I don't have any problem after updating my 1020 to 8.1. The only problem I have is the whatsapp notification problem which might fix in later whatsapp versions. And skype works perfect with all other cool applications :D

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm the opposite as the OP; I wouldn't even consider a WP8 as my primary phone. While I love the UI and I carried (still do actually :grin:) my 920 as a 2nd device, there was no way it was going primary. The 8.1 update has been working fine for me. I'm still not ready to make the jump totally, but I'm a lot closer.

Hemanth sanam

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Glad its just your turn cause I don't have any problem after updating my 1020 to 8.1. The only problem I have is the whatsapp notification problem which might fix in later whatsapp versions. And skype works perfect with all other cool applications :D

I've that prblm with whatapp too and you don't have to be glad that I'm the one who stuck with WP8.1

MazoMark

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
WP8.1 has been great for me on my Icon and it has convinced me to give WP a chance as my daily driver. Notification center, word flow keyboard, Cortana are all significant improvements and puts WP on par with iOS and Android.

herbertsnow

Banned
Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
I luv my 1020 so much until I've been updated to wp8.1.This new update made my phone lag, lag and lag all the...why does Microsoft do such a nut job like 8.1, of course it has some useful features which help but, 8.1 made no difference between Android and Windows.
I used mock my friends about their phones lagging all the time..but now its my turn!!!!!😞

OMG you installed beta software on your phone and you're not blaming yourself.

Chromeo_El_Lobo

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
My 920 has been pretty solid with 8.1. Sure, the Music app is pretty crap, and the battery drains a bit quicker, but the new features it gives are so totally worth it. I <3 Cortana!

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I hate my lumia 820 before update.now same status.battery life has become worse for me.now I happily use only my droid.

Sent from my C2305 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

oditius

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
8.1 is the greatest thing since "sliced bread" LoL I love it, it works for me and doesn't let me get bored. Heck, I am up to almost as many apps as I had on any of my androids. It isn't for everyone, but for most that have it, it ROCKS!!!!

MDMcAtee

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
I'm actually loving 8.1 now.

The first go around,I hated it,and wanted it off my phone. After going back to 8.0 and letting it settle in for a day,I downloaded it let my apps repopulate and then let it set for 10 hours.

Yesterday I read in here how to remove the Nokia factory glance and double tap,so removed them.I immediately lost the sensitivity screen issue,and that was a big plus for me. Last night I used App Pusher and reinstalled them,and it's working great still.

I let my phone go to sleep around 11pm checked the battery level and usage at 8am,and to my surprised it showed no usage This is the first time this has happened.

I removed all but 5 live tiles from my start screen cause I know they eat the battery's up too,and haven't opened Facebook or Twitter or Xbox. Web browsing with Tapa talk,UC browser no IE,tons of emailing,text messaging ,watching utube with the new one for 8.1 and full movies..

No hard reset yet,and really enjoying it so far.

BTW,no lagging or freezing either.

Email and Gmail syncs every 2 hours,location services are on,but double tap is off.

I've taken every update the store has pushed but haven't opened them all.

My thoughts are many of the issues are app related,including glance and double tap. Also just allowing the phone to settle in.

Mac

Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Tapatalk

Aniket Mhatre

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
It's a Developer Preview, which has been released for test purposes.

It's not been released so that people can simply get the update early.
Seriously i just don't understand why people keep on complaining even after knowing its just a beta version. For me i am loving it on my lumia 620 specially notification centre and cortana.

LTTG

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Kinda... The lack of hubs, the new Xbox apps, and the new subtle changes killed it for me. Hubs were a key feature of WP, it was unique, I don't think WP is unique anymore tbh :/ it's just like any other mobile os now :/

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
I luv my 1020 so much until I've been updated to wp8.1.This new update made my phone lag, lag and lag all the...why does Microsoft do such a nut job like 8.1, of course it has some useful features which help but, 8.1 made no difference between Android and Windows.
I used mock my friends about their phones lagging all the time..but now its my turn!!!!!😞

Another that expects it all. Didn't read the notices and terms at AppStudio that you agreed to so you could install 8.1?

"A preview update only includes the Microsoft portion of the update; mobile operator and OEM driver updates will be available when the official update for your phone is available."

So, you are running the 8.1 operating system with the Nokia 8.0 firmware and carrier 8.0 setup and complain of lag?
Calling 8.1 an update shows lack of knowledge. 8.1 is a preview for developers.
Best advice, rollback and wait.

borasar

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm loving it, there are some set-backs (music for example), but they'll get ironed out soon enough, overall there are a lot of features I was waiting for!

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Yeah. Kinda do. Miss the hubs. Miss my ME tile. The quick scan and reply of the peep hub. I actually unpinned my ME tile because its utterly useless. Thinking about unpinning people too. Hate using it now because of the splash screen of facebook everytime I do anything. That FB app sux. I was just smoked by WP8.1 downloading this preview. :(

If they're gonna make us use an app to do everything now I might as well look into iOS or Droid. They specialize in apps and rock that retro 2007 screens of icons!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon