WP8.1 - Visual Voicemail with AT&T

franklasvegas

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Hello all:

Has anyone had issues with AT&T Visual voice mail on AT&T?

It was working perfectly on my L920 that I installed WP8.1 on. I had never done a hard reset on that device after installing 8.1.

I purchased an L1520 (AT&T branded & locked). This had 8.1 on it already and was hard reset prior to me receiving.

I setup/restored and all went fine. I did notice visual VM was missing. Called AT&T "technical support" :angry: and after an hour - multiple phone on/phone off, etc. he had no clue as to why it would never "activate" visual VM - it did prompt me once to touch [Call] to finish visual VM setup but that failed too. I did have this a few months back on another L920 and after getting a 2nd tech she got it fixed in minutes.

Just wondering it any has had issues or if visual VM is working OK on WP8.1.

Thank you!

Frank

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I have the WP8.1 Preview on my 920 on AT&T. My visual voicemail works fine. I did not perform a hard reset when I upgraded on 14 April, and I have not had any issues with VVM at all since that date.

franklasvegas

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Just a bit after posting I figured it out. I decided to go in and change the VM password through the Basic VM button and choosing the option.
Within just a minute or so it prompted me to enter my visual VM password - once I did - the Voicemail heading ion the phone app appeared.

The tech had no clue - kept telling me to access VM and hold 1 until it prompted me for a password - all that did was play messages or give me menu choices.

Tech support strikes again!

scield

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
How do y'all get VVM for ATT on the phones? Last time I talked to them they told me it wasn't available on WP8. I've been using Google Voice (Metrotalk) for a while now but since its not going to be supported after the 15th I've been looking for options.

lsmachado

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
How do y'all get VVM for ATT on the phones? Last time I talked to them they told me it wasn't available on WP8. I've been using Google Voice (Metrotalk) for a while now but since its not going to be supported after the 15th I've been looking for options.

I think you need to call them again! I've had VVM on at&t since I had an iPhone. I had it on my L900, 920 and currently on my L1520. I believe you are being misinformed. Just be aware that all voicemails are automatically deleted after 14 or 15 days with at&t's VVM.

scield

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Actually I just found a guide online and got it working. Thanks for the help! Guess I should have tried that first instead of a store rep.

JohnStrk

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I have it on my AT&T L920 but I am upgrading to 8.1 right now. Did they fix the issue in visual voicemail where you have to crank the volume all the way up to 30 just to hear the message? Hoping it's fixed.

TheAverageGuy

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Hey Fellas,

I'm on the phone with ATT right now. I tried the methodology described here by Frankie Vegas (reset VM password), but that didn't work for me. The tech is trying to reset the feature once again. We'll see how that goes.

Lumia 920, 8.1. VVM stopped working after they accidentally removed the feature when my son was getting a phone on my account.

Any ideas?

TIA!

azdenn

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
personally... I'd like to figure out how to get rid of the screen asking for my visual voicemail password... i never set it up and am not interested in VVM...

tanyet

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I had a few issues when I updated to cyan after a hard reset but then I realized that the phone had kept my earlier settings from a backup I guess. I didn't restore from backup but the VM was there nevertheless.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
I don't have Visual Voicemail on my Lumia 520, WP 8.1, Cyan, AT&T is the carrier.

Can someone point me to that online guide to get it put on my phone and set up?

gjs520820

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I don't have Visual Voicemail on my Lumia 520, WP 8.1, Cyan, AT&T is the carrier.

Can someone point me to that online guide to get it put on my phone and set up?

I believe AT&T restricts VVM to LTE accounts. VVM will work on the 520, but you need a LTE account with VVM.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo