Xbox Video broken after 8.1 update

Kage Maru

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm hoping someone here has some answers or is able to help because I do not want to deal with Xbox support, not after the last time I had to deal with them.

Every digital show/movie I own is on Xbox video. This is great when I'm home and can watch my content on my 360, but I also want to be able to watch everything on my phone as well. Well after updating to 8.1, my content will no longer load. Once I launch the app, I see "signing in..." on the top of the screen for a moment, followed by "loading..." with the loading balls we love scrolling from the left to right. I've let it sit on this screen for a LONG time before, basically letting it dwindle my battery down 50% and nothing will show up. I have tried signing out of the app, factory resetting my phone, and trying out the restore purchases option in the settings. Nothing has worked so far.

This happened once before on 8.0 and I had to remove and install the app to fix the problem. Well that's no longer an issue in 8.1. Looking at the reviews for the app, I see that plenty of other people are having similar issues as well. Is anyone here experiencing similar issues or does anyone know of a fix for this? I'm curious why this hasn't received any attention like the Music app has.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon