Voice recognition not working at all.

YingTK

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I've have this problem ever since I upgraded to WP8.1 on its first release date, the phone would not hear me, either with cortana, or by pressing the search button.

I can't seem to have the phone recognize anything I say. It seems like the phone is just not "hearing" what I said instead of having trouble recognizing it. For example, I tried all the recommended sentences such as "call XXX", "weather", ect. When I am using cortana, it will keep waiting as if I haven't said anything, while with the search button, the phone will just exit voice recognition short after I'm done talking.

Does anyone else have this problem? Is there any settings I should change?

Thanks.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Is speech on in the settings? Is it set to the right language? If so, you may be looking at a hard reset to fix the problem, but the good thing is that WP8.1 makes doing that reset a lot easier. Make sure to do a backup (settings | backup | apps + settings | back up now) before you do so, just to make sure your backup is as up to date as it can be.

YingTK

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for your detailed reply!
I've always have the speech on, but I just realized I need to have the "read aloud" option on as well for it to recognize my voice. I turned that specific function off since I did not want my phone to bother me whenever I have text. However, setting read aloud to any type (eg. Bluetooth) works as well!

Thanks so much for your help!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss