Windows 8.1 Upgrading problem in lumia 525

Dynam

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
hey geeks... I have nokia lumia 525 and i want to taste windows 8.1... For this... I does some methods ... Step 1... Logged in on appstudio.windowsphone.com and click on getting started... After this i install preview fpr developers app and i accept all the terms and conditions after this i checked for updates and i install updates and my device,s OS version is 8.0.10521.155 but after installing upsates and after rebooting my phone i check for updates fpr windows 8.1 but their is not any update and it says your phone is up to date... M from INDIA... Anyone who knows what m saying can help me... It,s urgent buddies i am eagerly waiting for tasting 8.1 😋

Sent from my RM-998_im_india_910 using Tapatalk

anon(8657436)

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
1. Since you have preview for devs installed, try opening it and checking if the check button is selected.
2. Then check for updates.

PS: Maybe MS have pulled off the update (meaning official release is close).

omgitsnick

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Wow people haven't been reading the news lately. It's been almost 2 weeks now since the 8.1 update has been postponed temporarily because of the unable to unpack error, so updating at this point will only get you the preparatory update, not 8.1. Wait for news today, some guy at ms forums said they'll check in an update today (8th May).

anon(8657436)

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
Wow people haven't been reading the news lately. It's been almost 2 weeks now since the 8.1 update has been postponed temporarily because of the unable to unpack error, so updating at this point will only get you the preparatory update, not 8.1. Wait for news today, some guy at ms forums said they'll check in an update today (8th May).
Oh, man! Completely slipped outta my mind.

Aniket Mhatre

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site

No this is not that true i am going to purchase a l920 in next week and i asked many about this in 920 forum they said update is still available and they even said that after few try update starts downloading. Now i don't know is it true or they said this to just make me feel nice😉

diego9016

May 6, 2014
Visit site
I have a Lumia 625 and my phone is downloading the 8.1 preview for developers at this moment, so they haven't pulled the update

omgitsnick

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
No this is not that true i am going to purchase a l920 in next week and i asked many about this in 920 forum they said update is still available and they even said that after few try update starts downloading. Now i don't know is it true or they said this to just make me feel nice��

This was what the guy said from Microsoft forums a couple weeks back:

"Hello Everyone,
Here is the Friday update on how things are moving forward. Without further delay, here is the news for today:
1.A little clarification on the update notification. The notification has stopped for all devices that have not yet taken the first update, however those that have taken the first update and are waiting for the second update to the current 8.1 build will continue to occur. At this point, I would recommend ignoring the update notification and wait for further updates from us.
2.The update itself is not going to be available today, or likely early next week. We will continue to work on getting you this update but it will not be as fast as you would like. I know a lot of you would like a better timeline on when it will be available, and at this time I cannot commit to a date. I will however, commit to updating you next Thursday April 24th, 2014 with any additional news. If I have any news or details before then, I will of course update you at that time.

We appreciate you being eager to participate in the Windows Phone Developer Preview Program, and look forward to getting it to you as soon as possible.

[Update: This is for all devices experiencing the 80188309, not just the Huawei devices.]

Thank you,
Eli A."

And another update a few weeks later:

"Hello Everyone,
We appreciate your patience as we continue to work on getting Windows Phone 8.1 onto your devices. At this time, we don’t have any further updates about when the update will be available for your devices.

We will continue to do weekly updates, with the next scheduled for May 8th. Thank you for working with us as we continue to work on the Developer Preview Program.

-Eli A."

Maybe if you guys take a look at the forum, you'll see some people who aren't getting the update, while the thread specifically say for Huawei devices, other users are affected as well who are getting this error.

Windows Phone 8.1 Ascend W1 ->80188309 - Microsoft Community

Dynam

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for your precious reply,s buddies...
I updated my nokia lumia 525 yesterday and it works fine but only problem is of cortana ... Help me out to do some fun with cortana... How to get cortana..???????

Sent from my RM-998_im_india_910 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss