Lumia 520 8.1 Email - Help Please URGENT

SteveBrodie

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
All,

Apologies if posted elsewhere, BUT i have upgraded my Lumia 520 to WP8.1, took a while with all the pre installs, but have now found that email no longer works in any format, emails appear in notificatoins, but when i click on one i get the ........ on the screen with loading then resuming and it just closes the app and goes back to the start screen. If i click on the pinned shortcut it does the same and also does the same if i select Linked Inbox from the App list. i have even deleted a mail box and set it back up (Out of Linked Mailbox) but still the same.

Any help please as i use my email a lot during the day. :crying::crying::crying:

I have also tried a soft reset.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
In settings->accounts+email, long-press on the account in question and use the "sync now" option that appears. If there's any errors, they will be reported here with an error message.

Your phone may need a hard reset, but thankfully you have more backup options now, so a restore is less painful than it was in 8.0.

Rajat Malhotra

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
A hard reset is something u should do....i too have a 520 and faced several bugs after upgrading to 8.1.... A hard reset fixed most of them

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes