XBox Music Update - Question ( Artists showing as Seperate Albums ) - How to Fix?

desitunez

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys,

i am finally deciding to give XBOX music to give it a go , however i got issue where artists from same album are showing as separate albums? ,

EG i got 30 songs in 1 Album.. they showing as seperate 30 albums.. ruins the whole experience meaning i can listen to 1 song at time for that album...?

See below screenshots.

Albums.png

As you can see Album name is fine in ID Tags , see below for Xbox music app screenshot

wp_ss_20140510_0002.png

How to fix ?

​Cheers,

nyolc8

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
On the image I see that "2pac" written with space and without space in it... the app handles that as seperate artist.

Adriaan NL

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys,

i am finally deciding to give XBOX music to give it a go , however i got issue where artists from same album are showing as separate albums? ,

EG i got 30 songs in 1 Album.. they showing as seperate 30 albums.. ruins the whole experience meaning i can listen to 1 song at time for that album...?

See below screenshots.

View attachment 66103

As you can see Album name is fine in ID Tags , see below for Xbox music app screenshot

View attachment 66104

How to fix ?

​Cheers,

You need to add "album artist" in the tag info. Use mp3tag or iTunes to change that entry. When you have multiple mp3-files with the same "album artist" + same "album" in the tag info, they will be one entry, else there will be multiple entries. The "artist"-entry is only for display in the app when a song plays, while "album artist" is used for sorting, which is displayed, indeed, under the album title.

desitunez

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
You need to add "album artist" in the tag info. Use mp3tag or iTunes to change that entry. When you have multiple mp3-files with the same "album artist" + same "album" in the tag info, they will be one entry, else there will be multiple entries. The "artist"-entry is only for display in the app when a song plays, while "album artist" is used for sorting, which is displayed, indeed, under the album title.

This worked ,thanks..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs