[Bug] Groove Music on Lumia 950XL leaves artists/albums in UI when they're deleted in the file sy

John Hardy IV

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
[Bug] Groove Music on Lumia 950XL leaves artists/albums in UI when they're deleted in the file system

Setup:
Windows 10 Pro x64 on PC with WMP12 12.0.10011.16384 / Lumia 950XL with Windows 10 Mobile / Groove 3.6.1537.0

Steps:
1.Use file explorer and drag a local directory/folder of music into the music folder of the mobile device or SD card of the device.
2.Launch Groove music and wait until it finds all the new music and adds it to the database and displays in Groove artists/albums.
3.Go to file explorer and then remove the folder you added in step 1.
4.Launch Groove Music.

Expected:
Artists / Albums will no longer appear in the Groove UI.

Actual:

Artists / Albums are still present in the UI. Attempts to play them, of course, fail as the files are not there. Goes through a flipping motion as it tries to play them until showing an error. Artist / Album persists even with no underlying files for multiple days. The system has not cleared out these entries yet.

Note:
This issue is worse than and more fundamentally flawed, but also happens when you sync an autoplaylist from WMP and the autosync removes items (time based playlist <songs added in last week for example>)

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Open the Groove Music app on your phone, tap the hamburger menu in the top left corner and then the tiny cog next to your account name in the bottom part of the menu. In the top part there's "Sync my music", tap that. This should fix your problem. Otherwise you can also wait until Groove syncs your music automatically again, which may take some time to happen though.

John Hardy IV

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
Is that for actually 'syncing' w/ your Groove Music account (which I don't have) though or the local content, or does it do both? Thanks -

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Is that for actually 'syncing' w/ your Groove Music account (which I don't have) though or the local content, or does it do both? Thanks -

Not sure about the Groove Music Pass sync, but it definitely worked for me after recently added music initially not showing up in the app.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)