Apps that work only using data connection

Tonic Water

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Cortana search or YouTube 3rd party apps over WiFi I cannot connect. Im able to use these apps only with a data connection. I have read about Cortana issue and changing DNS settings fix that. I'm in Canada and I find this really inconvenient mainly because of MetroTube and OneTube not working. It was working last week and suddenly it doesn't work. I have tried changing regions back and forth and powering phone off and on. I even uninstalled MetroTube and OneTube and they don't work unless I use my data connection.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

Tonic Water

May 12, 2014
Visit site
I tried at my friends place who uses a different ISP and same problem. Cortana was working good for 3 weeks no problems and MetroTube has been working for over a year.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I am using Cortana since day 1 using three different ISP at where I am, and I don't have any problem. It's not the app.

Tonic Water

May 12, 2014
Visit site
I will try a hard reset but that doesn't make sense. I even tried hotspot from another cell phone and it doesn't work. Soon as I put it on 4G both work.

Tonic Water

May 12, 2014
Visit site
I did a hard reset and this has fixed the problem. So this confirms it has nothing to do with my ISP. Only thing I remember doing before this was using my 520 via Bluetooth to play songs and using Cortana to change tracks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb