Notification Center Tile?

altafmahmood

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Whatever dude, you wouldn't find it useful, but I would.

I don't see the point in arguing about personal preferences!

See as far as I think Microsoft develops according to what is used by their end user. As for live tile I think its a good idea but it may have consumed more battery.
As for one drive come on every one uses cloud storage now

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
@altafmahmood
If you have an Android you'll know for sure that you can not only select countless notifications but also move the icons around without even accessing the menu. Oh and the notification band is scrollable, you can add [TIP][/TIP]more icons. This for over one year, actually almost two. This without considering the fact many devices have color configurable leds, too. This doesn't even require accessing the phone home. You have colors telling you what is what. WP offers 4 tiles on small devices, 5 on bigger. They are fixed there. Notification ribbon won't scroll laterally which limits the number of items you can select. It's a step ahead of the 8 permanent beta they were selling as "different"; still a few miles away from Android. It may catch up eventually.

thron

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
As for one drive come on every one uses cloud storage now
I don't, nor do I ever intend to. It just isn't useful to me.

I would imagine, that cloud syncing of large images or music files would consume more battery than a live tile.

If you have an Android you'll know for sure that you can not only select countless notifications but also move the icons around without even accessing the menu. Oh and the notification band is scrollable, you can add more icons.
If WP wants to compete with Android, they should offer as much functionality as possible, whether some users would find use in these features or not.

I can't say enough how useless I find OneDrive to be, and it's still there. I can't get rid of it! How about making it optional, as well as a live tile for notifications - then everyone's happy??

Jupast

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
I don't see the harm in this being an option as a Tile. If it were a Double-Wide Tile that flipped, it could have some relevant info on it without even having to open the Action Center.

With only 5 slots allowed, a Store/Notification icon would be useful for some also.

As with all these things..don't find it useful, don't use it.

Rasetech

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
I think that with one of the next Glance updates, maybe already with Cyan the notification icon will be displayed next to the Clock, like the alarm icon or Silent Mode Icon without need to pick up one of the five user configurable slots.

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
I don't, nor do I ever intend to. It just isn't useful to me.

I would imagine, that cloud syncing of large images or music files would consume more battery than a live tile.

If WP wants to compete with Android, they should offer as much functionality as possible, whether some users would find use in these features or not.

I can't say enough how useless I find OneDrive to be, and it's still there. I can't get rid of it! How about making it optional, as well as a live tile for notifications - then everyone's happy??

Microsoft doesn't lack functionalities. It's actually better than Android in many areas. They are slow and confused in the way they have to make the whole thing work. I was happier with Windows Mobile 6.5 than i am with this sort of permanent Beta that lasted 4 years.

One Drive: It keeps refusing to upload files with names after a certain lenght. I need to save thousands of articles and share them on two laptops; i need to save translation memories for my jobs as i share them between translation software on two PCs. It works good sometimes, other times doesn't sync. But i don't complain much about it. The major issue about US made OS and Cloud services is that your stuff goes in just anybody's hands. So for serious clouding i go for EU services, more expensive but much safer; for browsing i go for alternative solutions (firefox on a rooted android with TOR, set as default browser and DuckDuckGo as standard search. Nothing of this can be done on WP.

Therefore, one can't come up with the idea that people don't like WP out of the fact it's not fashionable. My 1520 costs 700 euros and me and my partner exchanged gifts (we bought two, not one). We both need it for work and none of us is happy. We're mid 40s, so games and "fashionable social networks" (i don't have FB, no Twitter, no social, don't use Cortana either for mere privacy issues) are not even into question. The OS is lacking. There isn't any excuse. Can it be better? Yes, much better than Android, when Microsoft starts understanding users.

MyNL822

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
Honestly I don't understand why you are so upset about no notification tile. It is honestly a very stupid tile. As others have said notification center pull down is allowed from anywhere in any app or game. What If you are playing a game of asphalt 8 or Wordament Snap attack for example and your girlfriend sends you a text about your date time. R you gonna wanna exit the game risk a lag on the way back and tap a tile that had a 10% chance of saying loading or slightly pull down the notification bar which never lags(except as soon as phone is turned on) and read the text? And honestly everything is not about what you want they ruled the tile out because it is not a good idea to have a tile for notifications, a developer could have made that, and if you out really want it try making it. And I'm willing to bet you use OneDrive. Do you ever backup your phone, you're probably using OneDrive if so.

thron

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
What's with the over-opinionated opinions in this topic? If this feature existed now or in the future, is it really that hard to omit using if you don't need it??? Calling the idea 'stupid' is just childish & ridiculous.

No, I don't back up my phone. I have my live.com account's server set to localhost in my phone so my calendar & address book don't get synced.
Once I realized that tweak didn't stop OneNote from syncing, I stopped using OneNote and downloaded note tiles from the app store.

iyae

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
What's with the over-opinionated opinions in this topic? If this feature existed now or in the future, is it really that hard to omit using if you don't need it??? Calling the idea 'stupid' is just childish & ridiculous.

No, I don't back up my phone. I have my live.com account's server set to localhost in my phone so my calendar & address book don't get synced.
Once I realized that tweak didn't stop OneNote from syncing, I stopped using OneNote and downloaded note tiles from the app store.

Oops.didnt mean to like your post. I actually agree with everyone else; tile a really dumb idea, OneDrive very useful. :p

MyNL822

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site

Because you are yelling at everybody with all your question marks saying how we need a notification tile and that is disagreeing with that tile is like you disliking OneDrive and that OneDrive is the most useless app. Are you even in the 21st century? And honestly I think OneDrive s like 5mb, does that app really bother you? I honestly don't use OneDrive that much on my phone, but I don't obsess that's it is taking up 5mb. Can you please better explain why you need this tile when we have a notification center?

thron

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
Yelling is caps. 😉 please explain the downside to having a tile as a feature? None. Either use it, or don't.

OneDrive is an entirely different story. Its size/disabling capabilities aren't what annoy me. The fact that I can't remove it from my app list and there's an enormous icon of it in my photo gallery I also can't remove, are my primary issues with it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2