Unlocking an ATT Lumia 520?

Wael Hasno

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
I also found their unlock code request page. There is an option for GoPhone devices. Shouldn't this do the trick?
Does it make me an ATT customer? Really weird all that, always dealt with unlocked devices..

Wael Hasno

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
I have the device now but I'm having trouble unlocking it. I can't call ATT because I live in Sweden and I don't have a way of doing that. Is there a guaranteed way of unlocking the phone? Heck, anything?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Ditch the phone.

If you aren't an ATT customer, you're up the creek.
You could try getting a friend who has ATT to help.

Check with unlocking sites, but even if its available, an unlock could cost more than the device.

Sell the phone, perhaps at a slight profit, and don't even think of ATT-locked phones in the future. Not worth the risk of being screwed.

foxbat121

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Use the AT&T unlock web link to submit the unlock request and see what happens. If you are lucky, they will send you the unlock code by email. No calls necessary. In fact, last time I called AT&T to unlock my phone (I'm an AT&T customer), they simply told me to go to web site to submit the request.

Draganta

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Even unlock services can't unlock it, I tried. You can request an unlock code from AT&T on the website, but the gophone needs it's simcard to be active for 6 months before they do it.

Judas20

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
It's useless, at&t won't unlock it, I tried calling them but they said that the soon card must be active for 6 months in the phone for them to provide me with the unlock code

gerbir21

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm in a similar situation as Wael. Purchased an AT&T locked Lumia 520. I'm based in Canada. The regular unlock site I go to has been unable to provide codes. Other sites list unlock codes for this phone at $49.99 (not sure if they are reliable) Has anyone in this community had luck in unlocking this model?

gerbir21

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
To Wael and others that have been having issue in unlocking AT&T Lumia 520 (GoPhone)... I'm pleased to report that I've had success. After going through other's attempts to unlock this phone on Youtube, I found "The Unlocking Company". I ordered the code on yesterday evening. By 2:45pm today I had an unlock code that worked. Service cost $49.99 for the "FAST" service and $39.99 for 'Regular' service. I chose regular service and still received the code next day. I was impressed by the fast turnaround. While it was a little pricier than other unlock services, it produced a reliable code that works. I now have a backup phone for my Lumia 1020 (timely considering I need to send it in for warranty service).

Wael Hasno

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
There's no way in hell I'm paying $40 to unlock my $40 device. Tried an unlocking company and it didn't work. I'll just buy a 63x instead. If any US citizens here are interested in a brand new ATT 520, let me know.

Draganta

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
There's no way in hell I'm paying $40 to unlock my $40 device. Tried an unlocking company and it didn't work. I'll just buy a 63x instead. If any US citizens here are interested in a brand new ATT 520, let me know.

I tried for the 4th time now with gsmunlockusa, and it worked this time! I paid 25 dollar for it. It kept failing at first, but now that the 520 is 6.5 months old, I guess AT&T released it's unlock number into their database. I am so happy! They refunded every failed attempt, so it is a good site.

LukeBrightblade

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
Last year I used this on my brand new AT&T Galaxy S4 Active and it worked immediately.
I live in the States but I spend 3 months a year in Italy so I have a bunch of European SIM cards

I also purchased a AT&T GoPhone Lumia 520 and I'll use the sim-unlock service again for this phone. I had the phone for $19.99 from Amazon as a special Christmas sale so I don't mind spending $20 to unlock it. It's a gift for my mom in Italy.

PS: I could not post the link because this website says I must have 10 posts before posting links, I don't care to post here regularly, I just want to help you. The address is sim-unlock dot net, no need for the triple w :)

Vamoussa Bamba

Mar 4, 2015
Visit site
hello all,

I am in Ivory Coast, I received a lumia 520 by a big sister who lives in the US. but it is simlocker AT & T. So I just see if it was possible that are supplying the 20-digit code.

here is my IMEI: 353045067322360

Vamoussa Bamba

Mar 4, 2015
Visit site
hello,

I am in Ivory Coast, I received a lumia 520 by a big sister who lives in the US. but it is simlocker AT & T. So I just see if it was possible that are supplying the 20-digit code.

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
hello,

Guys you don't need to spend any money AT ALL. At&t will unlock them for free once the IMEI isn't bad. Just go to the att website. Just search att unlock form and click on the att website. Agree to the terms and services and choose the option saying you're not an att customer. You'll receive an email with a link to verify your unlock code request and in about a day or two you'll get your code. FREE ! I spread unlocked four of them. There are other posts on the forum detailing the same instructions I just wrote. You'll be alright. Try it.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Guys you don't need to spend any money AT ALL. At&t will unlock them for free once the IMEI isn't bad. Just go to the att website. Just search att unlock form and click on the att website. Agree to the terms and services and choose the option saying you're not an att customer. You'll receive an email with a link to verify your unlock code request and in about a day or two you'll get your code. FREE ! I spread unlocked four of them. There are other posts on the forum detailing the same instructions I just wrote. You'll be alright. Try it.

Not necessarily, AT&T declines unlock requests depending on criteria, last time I checked they required a prepaid phone be used for 30-60 days or something on their network.

But still, Vamoussa, try the AT&T website as this guy says, its your best shot.
Also, do not publicize your IMEI.

Otherwise you'll have to go to a third-party paid site or local shop.
We don't provide unlocks. A user theoretically could, but you'd best help yourself.

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Not necessarily, AT&T declines unlock requests depending on criteria, last time I checked they required a prepaid phone be used for 30-60 days or something on their network.

But still, Vamoussa, try the AT&T website as this guy says, its your best shot.
Also, do not publicize your IMEI.

Otherwise you'll have to go to a third-party paid site or local shop.
We don't provide unlocks. A user theoretically could, but you'd best help yourself.

Well recently, att changed their policy, for the better as recently me and everyone else I know are getting the phones unlocked despite buying them used or brand new and not activated. It worked 100% of the time for me 4 times in a row without an activated phone. Can't beat that record. Scored some 520s when Microsoft had the absurd deal on them online a while ago ;-)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234