Automatic Wrong Prefix Added When Sending International SMS

Pinito-kun

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone!

I'm sorry if there's a similar thread somewhere in this forums. I tried to search a similar one, but had no luck, so if I missed it, please excuse me and redirect me to such thread.

I'm from Chile. My old nickname in WPC was "Switchfoot3r" and I'm experiencing difficulties when sending an SMS to someone who lives in Argentina.

I always send international SMSes to another Argentinean friend and I have no problems with her number. I just write the +54 followed by the number and it's sent with no issues. However, when I try to send one to another Argentinean friend, even though I do exactly the same, I receive a message from my carrier telling me "the message was not received by +56954(cellphone number)". As you can see, the phone seems to add the Chilean prefix for cellphones before the number, in that case (+569), and, therefore, the SMS is not sent correctly.

I have the International Assist setting turned off in the Phone settings and turning it on makes no difference. I am running Windows Phone 8.1 Preview for Developers up-to-date. I checked their individual cards on the People hub and there's no difference between my friends' cards. They should work because they're written the same way. I also tried writing it manually and I even tried a soft and hard reset with no luck.

Any ideas on how to solve this issue? Please, help me fix this. Thanks in advance.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion