Updating to 8.1DP, would Whatsapp work since it is not in Store?

sarim_xyz

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
Hello all,

I've been impatiently waiting for WP8.1, but with so many new features and updates, I don't think I can wait anymore. (It's normal) :D
Anyway, I was thinking about updating to Developer Preview of WP8.1, however, considering the fact that WhatsApp is not currently available in the Store, my question is would it install after the update? I heavily depend on this app, and I can't wait for an unknown period of time before it gets available in the Store. Can anyone give me any idea about this?

Thanks.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
All you apps/data will be preserved with this update. Yes, you will be able to use WhatsApp on your windows phone after the update is successfully completed. But do note that if the update fails or you want to revert back to windows phone 8.0 , you will lose all your apps which includes WhatsApp and your phone data.

sarim_xyz

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
If that's the case, then great. I was thinking that the apps are installed from the Store after the update, but yeah, if they are installed from the backup, then they should work. Thanks.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
If that's the case, then great. I was thinking that the apps are installed from the Store after the update, but yeah, if they are installed from the backup, then they should work. Thanks.

nay they are not installed from the store, It will be installed from the backup since I remembered as soon as the update was downloaded I turned off my Wi-Fi and the update was still going (spinning gears/migrating data and then it was installing back all my apps which took almost 2 min )

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon