How to restore backup?

Medo0

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
I've just did a hard reset on my phone and I couldn't verify my account when I wanted to restore my backup because I didn't have wifi. Is there any way to do right now? Also, Is there anyway to restore Microsoft store credit to wallet or is it gone now?

Maaz Mansori

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
Just do another hard reset when you have a connection available and it will offer to restore a backup when you log in. I don't think store credit is stored locally on your phone; it should reappear in Wallet if you are using the same Microsoft account. Anyone know for sure?

Medo0

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Thank you Maaz Mansori! I did another hard reset and restored my backup, however, my Microsoft points weren't restored... :crying:

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Store credits are tied to your account up on Microsoft's servers. They aren't stored on the phone or any other device.

As for restoring the backup's. Yea, you have to validate your account during the reset process. If you can't, it won't restore (it's a security issue). With WP8.1 you can do the restore via cellular data connection, or with Wi-Fi. It prompts you for a Wi-Fi connection prior to signing in with your Microsoft account. If you don't connect to Wi-Fi (skipping that setting) it goes about the restore via cellular data connection (and it's a much slower process and eats up data allowance).

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Thank you Maaz Mansori! I did another hard reset and restored my backup, however, my Microsoft points weren't restored... :crying:
Which points are you referring to? Game points? Or $ credits that associated with your account in the Wallet app?

Ashish Saraf1

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I've just did a hard reset on my phone and I couldn't verify my account when I wanted to restore my backup because I didn't have wifi. Is there any way to do right now? Also, Is there anyway to restore Microsoft store credit to wallet or is it gone now?

There was no need to reset the phone again to restore backup

There is an option to restore in wp8.1 whenever you want to

Medo0

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Well, I used the gift voucher offer before and $20 of Microsoft points in my wallet app and ever since I did the hard reset it shows that I have $0 in my account. Any thoughts?? 😞😡

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon