Unable to sync - Windows Phone is Locked

BamFisk

May 15, 2014
Visit site
I've seen that a few people have had issues with not being able to get connected or sync their phone, most have been able to work around the issue by removing/reinstalling the apps or by making sure the phone is off before connecting. Nothing seems to work for me however. I do have a pin set per my corporate policy, however regardless of the lock state of the phone, the app always reports that the phone is locked.

I just picked this phone up on Friday and immediately upgraded to the developer preview, didn't try to sync prior to the upgrade. The device is a Lumia Icon with the Developer Preview. (8.10.12382.878). I've tried two different PC's, a Surface Pro (gen 1) and a Dell XPS One, both running 8.1. Both machines detect the phone fine but that's where it ends.

Thanks in advance for any guidance!

BamFisk

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Update on this. When removing the PIN requirement, I am able to access the contents of the phone via the app and windows file manager. As soon as I add the pin back in it's locked out. So it appears that windows sees the phone, sees that the phone has a pin requirement, yet cannot see that I've entered the PIN on the phone and unlocked it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
otispit