A new update 8.10.1293.890

jeetu4444

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
After last update iam getting good battery life with 8.1 dp... Now iam sacred with this update battery life shldnt become less with draining issue. thou I had to reset my phone after the update...I don't wanna hard reset again...iam using Lumia 1020...plz any one who has updated lumia 1020 can comment on its battery life after update thanx

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
After last update iam getting good battery life with 8.1 dp... Now iam sacred with this update battery life shldnt become less with draining issue. thou I had to reset my phone after the update...I don't wanna hard reset again...iam using Lumia 1020...plz any one who has updated lumia 1020 can comment on its battery life after update thanx

Exactly the same as the first update for 8.1 (that fixed battery issues). Battery life on my 1020 is amazing at present. Go for it, I say (AT&T Lumia 1020 32BG Black).

ca_guri

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
After this update my battery life reduce about to its half, its standby on 100% charge is now 17-18 hours, earlier it was 1day and 7-8 hours for idle mode, and it now reduces about 20-25% in less than 3hours being remain in idle mode means just doing background tasks of checking mail only and that too on hourly basis only, that's it, so this new update seriously reduces the battery life.

jeetu4444

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Guys went ahead and installed the latest update...main thing wat I needed was callers name read while incoming call wic was basic feature in my 808 pv...luckily my battery life has improved and phone is much smoother. ..thou 1st thing I did after update is restart and a soft reset...and now my phone is even more rocking....love it thank u nokia...and enjoying living images on my lumia 1020 :D

sent from Lumia 1020 or Note 3 dual sim

Miska Hietala

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
For me the browser have started draining battery in background, even when checked the box for denying it the permission to be active in the background. Seeing sometimes battery drain of 2%/min, even on idle.. Restarting phone fix it for time being. This on 1020

grizzlyaddams

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Got newest update on HTC 8XT. Not only did the newest update still fail to fix many serious ACKNOWLEDGED issues present since the first 8.1 DP release, (Wi-Fi not working, etc) but has gotten much worse.

Whereas before the phone would only reboot when the Wi-Fi radio crashed (Read: Always) it would not crash at all and was very stable if the Wi-Fi was turned off. Now, I experience about 1 or 2 random reboots per day while in the middle of performing any menial task such as typing a text, opening an email or web page, real basic stuff here.

I can deal with all the other stuff but over 2 months with no Wi-Fi and now they've made it worse? I love my WP and prefer the (working) user experience over iOS and Android. But it's becoming a major inconvenience and while I realize I accepted the caveats of putting the preview on my daily driver, it seems like my only solution will be to circular file Windows Phone.

LeopardSurd

May 30, 2014
Visit site
Got newest update on HTC 8XT. Not only did the newest update still fail to fix many serious ACKNOWLEDGED issues present since the first 8.1 DP release, (Wi-Fi not working, etc) but has gotten much worse.

Whereas before the phone would only reboot when the Wi-Fi radio crashed (Read: Always) it would not crash at all and was very stable if the Wi-Fi was turned off. Now, I experience about 1 or 2 random reboots per day while in the middle of performing any menial task such as typing a text, opening an email or web page, real basic stuff here.

I can deal with all the other stuff but over 2 months with no Wi-Fi and now they've made it worse? I love my WP and prefer the (working) user experience over iOS and Android. But it's becoming a major inconvenience and while I realize I accepted the caveats of putting the preview on my daily driver, it seems like my only solution will be to circular file Windows Phone.
I have an 8X too but didn't encountered such problems. Only that „deep sleep issue” when my 8X don't want to wake up when pressin the power button. It's related with WiFi (it must be on).
Did you tried a Hard Reset without restoring the backup? I did so and it worked ok.
Don't be upset about those issues. It's still a beta/preview. The stable one is not out yet. Just a little patience. You made this update knowing the risks.

boltman2013

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
I don't see much benefit and phone does seem to get warmer and some programs take longer to resume.
I dis a soft reset but like many others say a hard reset is likely the way to go. i'm going to wait until 8.1 is finally released later this month.
Nokia 520

Did not fix Office remote Bluetooth connection issue at all.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
OK. So here I've been talking about how I'm not having any problems, and what does my phone do when I need to look at my calendar to see of an appointment change is feasible? It says, "eff you! Ah ain't gonna do it! Ahm really busy right now! :p"

When I went to wake my phone to check to see if I could reschedule an appointment, it was noticeably warm, and kept saying, "waiting" when I tried to wake it. I ended up doing a soft reset and after it rebooted, I noticed that my battery was almost dead; as in around the 1% mark. An hour earlier it was around the 80% mark.

I did another soft reset and it seems to be OK now. One hour prior to this happening I was driving and I had the Nokia Car App running (I have the CR-200), with Here Drive, and Pandora going. When I got to my destination, I shut down those apps and muted all sounds. Now I THINK I know what caused it. Either the combination of all three of those apps going at once or the possibility of one or two of those apps caused the problem. Since I rarely use Pandora and use the other two apps fairly regularly, and since this hasn't happened in quite a while, I'm wondering if the Pandora app has a memory leak, didn't shut down properly, or shut down, but didn't tell the OS that it did, and that was what caused the overheating and battery drain.

For those of you who have the problem on a regular basis, are there certain apps that you are using? Next time it happens try to note which apps were running previous to the overheating and sudden battery drain. It may be an app is not closing down properly or has a memory leak that is causing the processor to work harder and therefore overheating and draining the battery. Because this the developers preview, many of the apps optimized for WP8.0 may be having problems on 8.1 and the devs haven't worked out all of the kinks yet.

I'm running a Nokia Lumia Icon on VZW.

For my part, I'm going to see if I can purposely recreate the problem. But first let me charge my phone back up. :-D

thekonger

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I posted this in the battery sticky but it appears to be due to this update. Hoping I get some better views in this thread.

I am running 8.10.12393.890 on an AT&T branded 920 and lately it seems the phone app is killing my battery. When I go to Settings > Battery Saver > Usage the Phone is at the top and the usage bar is across the screen. I have never seen this before and only make or receive a few calls a day. I have another app that tracks battery usage and every now and then it shows the battery draining at 15% or so when I know I wasn't using the phone. I have also noticed my phone being pretty warm when I pick it up and it should have no activity.

Seems like some new bug is making the phone app burn through the battery when it should be idle.

Here's a screenshot of my usage:

wp_ss_20140611_0002.png

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I posted this in the battery sticky but it appears to be due to this update. Hoping I get some better views in this thread.

I am running 8.10.12393.890 on an AT&T branded 920 and lately it seems the phone app is killing my battery. When I go to Settings > Battery Saver > Usage the Phone is at the top and the usage bar is across the screen. I have never seen this before and only make or receive a few calls a day. I have another app that tracks battery usage and every now and then it shows the battery draining at 15% or so when I know I wasn't using the phone. I have also noticed my phone being pretty warm when I pick it up and it should have no activity.

Seems like some new bug is making the phone app burn through the battery when it should be idle.

Here's a screenshot of my usage:

View attachment 68950

Have you tried a backup and factory reset?

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Shutdowns and soft resets but not a hard reset yet. I was thinking this might be a common issue with this update and MS might get a patch out. If it's unique to a few devices then I I may try that.

Seems to be unique to a few devices as my ATIV S hasn't had this issue. It's worth trying a factory reset as it helped increase my battery life as prior to the reset I was getting less than a day on the battery, after a factory reset I'm now getting longer battery life. As an example I got a day and a half out of a single charge recently.

grizzlyaddams

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
I have an 8X too but didn't encountered such problems. Only that ?deep sleep issue? when my 8X don't want to wake up when pressin the power button. It's related with WiFi (it must be on).
Did you tried a Hard Reset without restoring the backup? I did so and it worked ok.
Don't be upset about those issues. It's still a beta/preview. The stable one is not out yet. Just a little patience. You made this update knowing the risks.

4 hard reset attempts, no backup restore. After one of the attempts it worked properly for about a week until I had to soft restart the phone due to an audio related issue.

LeopardSurd

May 30, 2014
Visit site
4 hard reset attempts, no backup restore. After one of the attempts it worked properly for about a week until I had to soft restart the phone due to an audio related issue.
About audio, Beats is not always enabled after I plug in the headsets. I mean I don't hear that specific boom of the sound. I need to plug out and then plug in to enable Beats.

mickydale

Banned
Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
I also am suffering horrible battery life again... As well as loss in functionality in Nokia pic apps such as refocus...And I cannot open pics via Nokia camera or Beta... All I get is gren screen....And Microsoft camera pics go green screen as well....Im seriously over these hit and miss updates

lylone

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
After downloading the latest 8.1 update my calendar is dimmed on the start screen and when I hit it nothing changes. It is coming from hotmail using outlook connector. All my contacts are there and the next appt shows on the lock screen but I can't get in the calendar. Any ideas?

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
After downloading the latest 8.1 update my calendar is dimmed on the start screen and when I hit it nothing changes. It is coming from hotmail using outlook connector. All my contacts are there and the next appt shows on the lock screen but I can't get in the calendar. Any ideas?

Did you reboot, try a soft reset or uninstall then reinstall your calendar yet?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon