06-18-2014 06:17 PM
66 123
tools
    Dude, it's simple: I like the transparent tiles, my tesis is "open your mind", what sentences part I did complaint in?

If the problem is about live tile, Microsoft is working on it; but you can't pretend an option into SO because it's impossible to manage this feature for individuals apps (talking about solid live tiles)

Im not arguing about nothing, just I don't understand why people complicates something that is not. I think I can to express my opinion here or in another thread, who are you to say me where o when?

Don't take it bad.

Regards.
    It just bothers me, how we are trying to give a simple option that some devs have already added to their apps and you from the very beginning are just simply not being open minded about our small yet important to us situation. We are here arguing a solution, an improvement, something that MS doesn't even have to do in the OS itself. The devs are the ones that we are asking for, to help us OCD folks with lol. Yes, this also includes the Xbox video and music team, because they are giving us no choice in the matter. I appreciate your opinion, but they are not very productive in our situation. If you read every post, non of the suggestions work for what we are asking for. I am done, no more repeating myself.
    kenzibit and Kram Sacul like this.
    06-08-2014 08:29 AM
    It is scary that you have cannot realized that you are the closed minded one. I really don't like all tiles to be transparent. It actually hard to read the text if you don't have the proper image. Asking the option is not about whining, it what we called great user experience.
    06-08-2014 01:18 PM
    I for one welcome the death of that horrid Xbox Green and the equally horrible Skype Blue (hopefully).

Besides, transparent tiles are hardly an issue if you're clever enough with the background.
    06-08-2014 02:57 PM
    It has nothing to do with being clever. It has to do with having options, and simple to implement ones at that.
    rain620 and theefman like this.
    06-08-2014 04:04 PM
    06-08-2014 05:27 PM
    wp_ss_20140608_0001.pngwp_ss_20140608_0002.png
    This is the reason I and many others love the non transparent tiles, don't get me wrong I also love the transparent ones too but I also like my start screen looking colorful and full of life, and to the guy saying "no way" to giving people an option to turn of transparent tile, really you're that selfish, let people have options
    M L, myfyp2 and Kram Sacul like this.
    06-08-2014 06:26 PM
    Those who would like a solid background color of their choosing and maybe a different accent color (cyan start screen, magenta accent as an example)should try Theme+. It offers more color options than stock, but I'm sure some folks will complain about that as well.
    06-08-2014 06:44 PM
    Those who would like a solid background color of their choosing and maybe a different accent color (cyan start screen, magenta accent as an example)should try Theme+. It offers more color options than stock, but I'm sure some folks will complain about that as well.
    Some folks will complain because that is not what this thread is about in the first place.
    06-09-2014 04:49 AM
    It's not a matter of stopping or not stopping. It's about OPTIONS. There should always be the option to turn the transparency on or off. And just using all solid colors isn't an option either. I like transparent tiles, but sometimes they don't all need to be transparent.
    there are apps to do that as well
    forgot the name of the app in question
    06-09-2014 01:32 PM
    there are apps to do that as well
    forgot the name of the app in question
    But we shouldn't have to resort to using apps to do what the OS or the app in question should do automatically. Apps to regulate other apps is just nonsense.
    theefman and a5cent like this.
    06-09-2014 02:31 PM
    Just a button settings ON or OFF for transparent and solid color tile.
    Will6371 likes this.
    06-10-2014 09:04 PM
    Considering transparent tiles are a personal preference, I believe it would be a good idea to have a on/off for the color of the tile. It's all about choices. Just because I prefer my Start Screen to have an array of colorful tiles as well as transparent tiles doesn't mean the next person prefers it to be like that as well.
    06-10-2014 09:35 PM
    Just posted a suggestion on their website. Go and vote if you need the option of NOT using the transparent tile.
    Option of NOT using the Transparent tile – Feature Suggestions for Windows Phone
    kenzibit likes this.
    06-10-2014 11:52 PM
    Just posted a suggestion on their website. Go and vote if you need the option of NOT using the transparent tile.
    Option of NOT using the Transparent tile – Feature Suggestions for Windows Phone
    Thanks bro...just voted and hope they listen.
    06-11-2014 06:51 PM
    Using this till ms fixes it and gives live tile. :|
    Check out "Green Music Tile" for Windows Phone http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=...0-5a5fda2ad93a
    shamrulx likes this.
    06-18-2014 03:35 PM
    My sense is that Microsoft is watching all of these types of threads... as well as the developer teams responsible for different apps (Like Xbox Video, etc..).. Windows Phone 8.1 is still in Development Mode... Hence we have a Developer Release. It is entirely possible that they will in fact role in allot of these request before final ship.
    The options are simple: Accent/Transparency vs Fixed. Microsoft could give the option... Fixed would override transparency/Accent options. As stated many times.... it's up to developers to enable the option of Fixed vs. Accent/Transparency. The other option is Live/Unlive...

Let's see what Microsoft does. In the meant time.. attacking each other over preferences is a little much, no?
    06-18-2014 06:17 PM
66 123