Can Developers/Microsoft please....please stop making every app transparent?

L Beezy

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Considering transparent tiles are a personal preference, I believe it would be a good idea to have a on/off for the color of the tile. It's all about choices. Just because I prefer my Start Screen to have an array of colorful tiles as well as transparent tiles doesn't mean the next person prefers it to be like that as well.

ODwyerPW

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
My sense is that Microsoft is watching all of these types of threads... as well as the developer teams responsible for different apps (Like Xbox Video, etc..).. Windows Phone 8.1 is still in Development Mode... Hence we have a Developer Release. It is entirely possible that they will in fact role in allot of these request before final ship.
The options are simple: Accent/Transparency vs Fixed. Microsoft could give the option... Fixed would override transparency/Accent options. As stated many times.... it's up to developers to enable the option of Fixed vs. Accent/Transparency. The other option is Live/Unlive...

Let's see what Microsoft does. In the meant time.. attacking each other over preferences is a little much, no?